• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay recommended by Smoo!

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Well I bought her loads of special hay when she was ill. Timothy with apple and carrot, dried grass... And I just ran out today. So I swapped her and the chinchillas back onto their normal hay and they went crazy for it. I better not swap again.

Do you want to know what their all time favourite hay is?

Bob Martin My Little Friend Meadow Hay. £1.99 a bag from Sainsbury's. :roll:

271970-Bob-Martin-Meadow-Hay-1kg.jpg

Lucky you. :) Fiver eats only Meadow grass by Oxbow or third cut timothy that I have to order from Washington state...that's about 45 lbs each few months and it costs about $120 US to ship here.
All the bunnies like the 3rd cut so that's not too bad. Mostly they wee on it though.
But Pip likes mature oat hay from a private seller the best. And often it is out of stock, or as last year we had no real crop because the weather and weed infiltration messed up the whole year's yield.
There is a lovely brome hay that is grown right here in Alaska...nice quality and good value by 50 lb bale...will they eat it? NO they will NOT. :evil:

What really stinks is when we have to go for bags and bags of the 'cheap' pet store hay because there's a lag in supply of their faves...ugh...that's some vile stuff. It must taste like shredded newspaper. It certainly smells like it.

I've said it before...why can't bunnies eat something sensible...like chocolate! :lol:

£1.99 from Sainsburys!:shock: Wow. Sometimes I get the feeling we just try too hard to please our bunnies by buying speciality hay and such like:lol::lol:

Same here. Tried every hay but Waffle loves this at above all others. Radish will eat anything so bob Martin it is.

I check the bags and there's some lovely long, stalky green hay in there and golden bits. I just couldn't believe how crazy she went for it. She leaps into the litter tray and started eating it like she was starving and there was a plate of pellets in the enclosure too!

Back