• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More bunnies

Alicia

Mama Doe
I think I'm addicted :lol: I've got a pair but I really want another one. I know I shouldn't get another but I keep seeing buns who are looking for new homes. Most girls have a shoe addiction, mine's a little different :lol: Please someone talk me out of it because I know it's a bad idea but I just keep thinking 'I can look after another bunny, I can afford it' I know its a bad idea :( Those who went from having a pair to more how different/difficult was it? Was it a big change from having two?

I'm the same, I really struggle with not getting more buns...I was being so good, but I ended up getting two piggies instead:roll:I don't actively go looking to get more...the way I see it, my buns were destined to find me! I only take on buns when people ask me directly if I'll take an unwanted/abandoned bun that they know of.

But you have to be strict and think of worse case scenario...would you still be able to afford/care for or give the space to more buns. I didn't take into account that I was going to be made redundant from my job of 20 years, or that I would get struck with a debilitating illness that may mean I can not work, that I may not be able to keep my house & enormous garden if I'm unemployed. None of those things even crossed my mind 3 years ago when I took on Poppy & Pebbles. But to be honest if I knew then what I know now, I probably still would have taken them in. :roll:

But I wouldn't get anymore now... 4 isn't so bad now they are in a quad, but you always have to be prepared for a breakdown of the bond and know you have enough space if they need to be accommodated separately.

I can join you in your addiction..... We should stick together and discourage each other. I have Moley and rescued Poppy as his wifebun but I have found it doesn't stop there I think another one wont cost that much more but then thoughts of bonding are too much to bare, until I see the next one in need :)

Someone help!!

Rabbits are actually one of the few animals I don't get a great urge to get more of!! :lol: I think it's because I find them more difficult to care for then my smaller furries, plus I am far too attached to my current 3 to imagine more in my life/what'll happen when they're not in it. But that doesn't mean to say I don't see the bunnies on here needing homes and thinking I wish! :lol:

I had a pair, bought Beano then adopted Gordon to keep her company and said no more! But then Boris came along, I didn't intend to get him though, found him as a stray and my sister was going to keep him but her circumstances changed and I couldn't bring myself to part with him :oops: But I don't think it was a big change from having two to going up to three really, not really more expensive to keep. Apart from vaccinations wise I guess. Time wise not really a big change, Boris is indoor and free ranges in my room so I don't have to let him out for exercise (unless he gets time out on the landing/stairs/mums bedroom) and I spend loads of time in my room anyway so Beano and Gordon still get the same amount of time spent on them as they did before. :)

I got 2 and said that was my limit.......I now have 6!!! Not quite sure how that happened :lol::lol:

I started off with my girl Stanleigh Rose... She was all on her own and I fell in love with her instintantly, not just an awww, she is soooooo cute.... A real, I can't leave her there and called my husband right there on the spot to talk about it... He didn't think I would really bring her home.... SURPRISE! :lol: ... Now I have 6... :oops: Now what happened there....:lol:

Back