• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you go behind OH's back?

dutchbunny

Mama Doe
I probably already know the right answer to this but am just grumbling and grumping at this end.

Saw a beautiful Netherlands Dwarf bunny up for rescue on here and I alway wanted one of those. However when we got bunnies, I had to promise my husband, 2 and no more.

So I emailed him the photo of this beautiful boy but got the expected response: We agreed it would only be 2

So now I am planning a mutiny and get the beautiful boy anyway and then suprise my husband when he gets home.

Go on, tell me off.......

sulk

No way. As much as I would be upset I know he is right when he says we are at our limit. We are a partnership and everything should be a joint decision.

No way. As much as I would be upset I know he is right when he says we are at our limit. We are a partnership and everything should be a joint decision.

I know, I know. Just in grumble mode. Don't get me wrong, I would never do that to him (although we did pull a similar prank on him the other day although there was no bunny in the box). Think I phrased the title in an unfortunate way and that people are not getting that I am just in a sulking mode.

J would be furious and make me take him back.

How would you feel if he did it to you?

Very happy :lol:

Lol when I went to get my violet bonded with parsley I came back with another bonded pair as well lol all hubby said was Awww arnt they lovely :love:

Lol when I went to get my violet bonded with parsley I came back with another bonded pair as well lol all hubby said was Awww arnt they lovely :love:

:lol:

See I know he is trying to "stop me at the door" so to speak as I knew he won't ever have me take them back as he is a big softy really and although he says he tollerates Moses and Watson, he greets them when he gets home and I frequently caught him having conversations with them.

He just asked me what would happen if the new bunnies doesnt get on with the other two. Told him we just get another one :lol:

I know, I know. Just in grumble mode. Don't get me wrong, I would never do that to him (although we did pull a similar prank on him the other day although there was no bunny in the box). Think I phrased the title in an unfortunate way and that people are not getting that I am just in a sulking mode.

Very happy :lol:

I didn't say I wouldn't nag him to death though ;) :lol:

:lol:

See I know he is trying to "stop me at the door" so to speak as I knew he won't ever have me take them back as he is a big softy really and although he says he tollerates Moses and Watson, he greets them when he gets home and I frequently caught him having conversations with them.

He just asked me what would happen if the new bunnies doesnt get on with the other two. Told him we just get another one :lol:

My husbands the same I had to bring 2 of my bunnys indoors on Friday because one of them was poorly and I ad to syringe feed him , hubby said he was goin to loo lol I followed him upstairs as I heard him talkin he was sat on the bed cuddling little violet :love:

I often say 'but if i got him / her you'd only be mad for a few days....' but if he did that i'd be furious, so no i wouldn't do it

He did just raise a valid point; we don't have the space babes....
We gave up our dining room for Moses and Watson so they could have a nice big area. Sure we could sqeeze another area next to it but it would never be as big as theirs. I hate it when the boy is right.

He's a star. He doesn't really get animals yet he drove in all the snow when I was too scared just to get me two bales of hay for them.

I don't ask just usually inform hubby a day or two before their arrival. They are usually fosters or bonds though, I like to pretend he had a choice with any permanent residents, although to be fair they're usually a done deal too. I would listen though if he said no but I wouldn't take it well :lol:

I've always lived alone so have never had to think of anyone else when adopting a new fur baby has been an option.

Now, I have to be very strong and not take on any more as I no longer have a permanent job and am struggling to look after the fur family I already have. Once I am on a firmer financial footing I will consider expanding the zoo - but realistically that won't be for some time as I am in debt.

Having said that I will probably get a couple of fish in the near future as I have an empty tank just sitting in my therapy room and fish really don't cost a great deal to look after - or not the cold water ones I have in mind.

No I would never do it. It wouldn't be fair :(

Having said that I have brought home a g.pig before without telling him... But that was a foster as she was very sick and I honestly didn't think she'd survive another night in the rescue. I just walked into the kitchen with a carrier and said "James, I've done something" his response from the other room was "oh no, what have you brought home?" :oops: :lol:

I have also helped my mum sneak an extra g.pig past my dad. We talked him into one, he came to pick us and the new arrival up and about halfway home mum started talking of the new piggy in plural, it took a few 'theys' before he got it. He just sighed and accepted it :lol:

Also my nan has told me that when she was newly married grandad came home to find 2 kittens in the house :lol::lol::lol:

But you know your partner, if he would be truly angry or upset then no it's not fair, as tempting as it is sometimes!

Back