• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any good pet sitters in Kent to look after my beloved Doughnut?

cpayne

Warren Veteran
I really don't want to leave Doughnut, hopefully she will only be on metacam before I have to go, but my aunt has been given two weeks to live. She lives in Guernsey where the rest of my family live (well only one aunt, uncle and two cousins left!). I'm really close to her and so upset but my mum is more upset and needs my support and so does my uncle who will be left alone after 35 years of marriage.

Anyway my mum doesn't think I should come before the funeral so i was just going to get a flight in the morning and come home the following evening, so need someone to come in and feed Doughnut in the evening and morning. Does anyone know anyone in the area? I've rang a few and they don't seem to do Dartford. I may ask my neighbour if not who loves Doughnut but we always complain that next door go away for two weeks and leave their cat outside and ask us to feed it! Don't think it's fair on the cat. Do you think it's a cheek asking her, they have a key if I can't get anyone else but because Doughnuts been ill I don't want her to be nervous about do it and feel like she has to say yes so would prefer a professional if possible. Sorry for the waffle just feeling a bit upset typing this.

Sorry, I don't know anyone in that area but didn't want to read and run. Hopefully someone more local will be able to help. Is Doughnut a cat or a rabbit? I wasn't sure :?.

It's the rabbit in the photos.

I feel terrible going when she's been ill but also feel terrible not going. I was thinking of maybe just going early morning and then a late flight back. Just don't know what to do for the best.

If you really do get stuck and need someone last minute, drop me a PM, I am not far from you, I dont drive, but my hubby, mum or sister in law/brother could drive me round xx

Thank you so much for that offer. Just rang another one in Swanley, it's a couple called Animals at Home and they sound lovely. He said they would come round before hand to make friends with her and while I was away feed her, clean her litter tray and also play and cuddle her. Not sure he will get the cuddle though but she will certainly be interested in the food.

Feel a bit better now. Just don't want to leave her at the moment since she's stayed a lot at vets recently but I'm sure she will be fine if it's only a day.

That is so kind of you to suggest that.

It would be easier to find someone where she can stay rather than have someone come over. I am happy to have him at our house

It would be easier to find someone where she can stay rather than have someone come over. I am happy to have him at our house

That's good of you. Because she is in a hutch with an attached pen, it won't fit in a car so thought it would be better for her to stay in her own environment since it is only for a short time. When I went away and put her in a bunnery for a week this is when I got her back and she started being ill. I don't know if it's linked in but just thought she would be safer at home.

That's good of you. Because she is in a hutch with an attached pen, it won't fit in a car so thought it would be better for her to stay in her own environment since it is only for a short time. When I went away and put her in a bunnery for a week this is when I got her back and she started being ill. I don't know if it's linked in but just thought she would be safer at home.

Fair enough hun. I completely understand you not wanting to take the risk!

That is really nice of you to offer though. If I was going for a few days I wouldn't leave her at home as I want her to have exercise!

I'm hoping she can have a run around for an hour or so before I go and then when I get back the following evening she will have a few hours then.

Hi
I live in Woking. probably a bit far for you but am more than happy for Doughnut to come and stay with me for a while?
Nikki

They are half an hours drive away and because she is getting better I don't think they would think it is appropriate. Also that is £100 a night/day but luckily I wasn't charged that.

Does everyone think she would be better off staying with someone else? Since it was one night I thought it was better for her to stay where she was but want to do what's best for her. I thought it may stress her out to be in a new place and new hutch.

I wouldn't take her to boarding unless you HAVE to! Its one night she'll be fine with a couple of visitors, especially as she has been poorly :wave:

Thanks that's what I thought. Thanks to everyone who has offered to take her though, I will tell her she is popular when I see her! And thanks to R.P.B.G.G., I think you have enough on your plate with all of your little buns, but it was a lovely offer.

If you ever need someone to look after her when you are away for longer, just give me a shout. Any excuse to have more than 2 bunnies, even if temporarily. :lol:

Whereabout are you and would you have room for her? I'm not planning on any holidays this year but it's good to know if thinks go wrong and I need to get to Guernsey there is someone who I know would look after her well. I will get her back won't I!! There again she's a greedy bunny so you will probably be pleased to give her back.

Whereabout are you and would you have room for her? I'm not planning on any holidays this year but it's good to know if thinks go wrong and I need to get to Guernsey there is someone who I know would look after her well. I will get her back won't I!! There again she's a greedy bunny so you will probably be pleased to give her back.

I am just down the road from you, Orpington. So perfect location. Me and hubby rent our own house so would be able to make space for her. Sure our house isnt massive but all it would be is move some furniture around. Happy to help you out and happy to have another bunny to gush over.

They are half an hours drive away and because she is getting better I don't think they would think it is appropriate. Also that is £100 a night/day but luckily I wasn't charged that.

Does everyone think she would be better off staying with someone else? Since it was one night I thought it was better for her to stay where she was but want to do what's best for her. I thought it may stress her out to be in a new place and new hutch.

Ask them, it didn't cost me that when Mischa was ill and Mini and Mischa were there. Didn't even cost me that for the entire week.

Back