• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Monty hasn't come out of his house all day...I'm so worried i'm panicking!

Jasmine1

New Kit
This is so out of character for him. When I went out this morning to check on them, both Monty and Bailey were sitting snuggled together on the shelf in their shed. When I was changing their water he hopped into his house-nothing seemed wrong with him at all then, and that was it. Ever since, I don't think he's been out of his house at all! When I went to shut them in and feed them at around 4pm, monty was still in his house, and again I went out to check on them 10 minutes ago-he was still in there! I have never seen him sit in that house for so long! :cry: im worried he might be sick-but although they are both friendly, they absolutely hate being handled, and I can just about get them to hop onto my lap with treats...so I can't take him out to properly check on him without him becoming absolutely worked up and grunting like he did during his neuter recovery :( .

He is responsive, but won't come out of the house. He pops his nose out of the sort of 'window' when i talk to him though. Am I overreacting? I think this whole snow thing has just got me really worried!! He may have even been out during the day-I just haven't seen him outside :( Normally he'd be the first to run out for free range time. :(

If you' 've noticed a change in behaviour then it's always worth monitoring closely.

Is he still eating?

My test is to offer their absolute fave food and if they turn their nose up at it I go on high alert and then watch to see if they are lying or crouching abnormally,suggesting a sore tum.

Hopefully he's back to normal this morning

Back