• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have a significant other who does NOT like your bunnies?

My husband is just not an animal lover (I can't figure out why anyone WOULDN'T love animals) and does NOT like my bunnies. Every chance he gets he gripes about them. Just wondering if there is anyone else in this situation and how you handle it...

I keep my two buns in one room (my office), but if he hears them, or sees them as he is walking past, he needs to make a comment about how unwelcomed they are.

My hubby loves my bunnys as much as I do he always used to help me clean out when he could :love:

Fortunately no, OH loves them as much as I do (even if he isn't as enthusiastic about cleaning up after them :roll:)

But even if he wasn't, I wouldn't stand for that kind of behaviour. I'd tell them that if he didn't feel able to say anything nice I'd appreciate it if he kept his thoughts to himself.

Is it making you rethink getting them?

Aww thats a shame :(

My hubby is a dog man...he likes the bunnies but has little to do with them really (I clean them out and feed them etc) but he will take them to the vets, he checks out reduced herbs in tesco when ever he goes in, feed them if i ask him, he sits on the edge of the bed and talks to bertie and rosey as they are in our bedroom etc...so he likes them but he isnt potty about them :) As for the guinea pigs he is a little less interested but he would feed them if I asked him to :)

My OH doesn't like them, he won't touch them and is convinced they will bite.
I buy their food etc from my account rather than the joint one and don't ask him to do any cleaning, but he does help me with bunny-related DIY projects, we just have different likes and dislikes :)

Well ive been single for nearly 2 years, which is about how long ive had my bunsters and as shallow as it sounds if I do meet someone they wil have to like my bunnies as they're really important to me, more important than any bloke.

My oh was less than impressed when I errr encouraged him to let me get a rabbit (ok I pouted and moaned until he gave in... One of the reasons I got a pet shop bun that time, move quick before he changed his mind! :oops:)

But since then he has become a complete convert :lol: when our bunster got I'll and left us far too early :( he was heartbroken and instantly missed having the little guy bumbling round the garden. He has also forgiven Loki for eating through his x-box controller wire twice, and the Internet wire, twice and didn't even get miffed when Thor ate through his (unplugged) phone charger wire! I say it's his fault for letting them near the wires!!!

It would upset me if my partner didn't like Doughnut and made nasty comments about her. Think he would be out the door well before I even thought about getting rid of her:D

My ex used to hate my bun, Fiver when I got him. She would moan about him and often chase him out of a room with a brush. :shock: He hated her because of this and would grunt and growl at her if she went near him. :lol: Obviously I can't help since I'm not with her anymore :lol:

I don't think I could be with someone who didn't like animals :shock::shock:

My husband would never have chosen to ha e rabbits but he loves them as much as me.

He feeds them and cleans them out all the time!

Well ive been single for nearly 2 years, which is about how long ive had my bunsters and as shallow as it sounds if I do meet someone they wil have to like my bunnies as they're really important to me, more important than any bloke.

same here :lol: I'd rather have my buns and my kids over any man...I learnt the hard way...men will come and go...usually (in my experience...not saying all men before Hessen starts shouting at me :lol:) with another woman, my buns and kids will always be in my life..I can rely on them!

edited to say: I can honestly say I've never had a bun cheat on me (more than once) in 9 years and then marry someone else a few months later ...

Last edited:
My OH isn't really a fan but he has admitted a bunny I've been visiting recently is cute and he'd chose him over one of the others because he 'has personality' (Bunny comes up to front of pen and is actively interested in people)

He understand though that I love my buns and will not 'give them up'.

I don't live with him yet though :lol:

same here :lol: I'd rather have my buns and my kids over any man...I learnt the hard way...men will come and go...usually (in my experience...not saying all men before Hessen starts shouting at me :lol:) with another woman, my buns and kids will always be in my life..I can rely on them!

edited to say: I can honestly say I've never had a bun cheat on me (more than once) in 9 years and then marry someone else a few months later ...

Exactly. What a man thinks of Doughnut and what she thinks of them is important to me. She is always out bouncing around and won't sit in her hutch or play pen when I am downstairs, so anyone who thinks she should be in there and be quiet will be out the door. It's her house more than anyone elses!

My boyfriend likes my rabbits (he'd never chose to have rabbits, but he likes feeding them and thinks they're cute), but he doesn't like my bird or rodents. But, he'll still feed them/change their water if they need it. He understands that me and the animals are a package and that they come first. Also come to the compromise that I won't get anymore rodents, just cats and dogs :lol: He calls them names, but I call his cats names and I like them so it doesn't bother me when he does it.

Aww how horrible for you. You should ask him not to say anything nasty.

My OH loves our two as much as me and he cried with me when Roxy passed away.

Aww how horrible for you. You should ask him not to say anything nasty.

My OH loves our two as much as me and he cried with me when Roxy passed away.

That's the trouble if someone didn't love Doughnut then when she's been ill or if something happened to her they would wonder what all the fuss is about. I would want someone crying alongside me and understanding. If someone can look at her and not fall in love with her then I would question their sanity lol

I'm lucky that my OH loves Anakin and Obi Wan as much as me. He's a big Star Wars fan (hence their names :lol: )

He helps me to take them the vets and feeds them. When we first had the boys, OH wouldn't go near the litter tray but now he's happy to help :p

OH works away during the week and rings to check on the buns and tells me how much he misses then (not me tho, you'll notice :lol: )

Back