• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lemon juice in bottles.....instead of vinegar!?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Well i needed to clean baxty and bluebell wee stains on my lounge lino....but because nikki is living in the lounge..i cannot use the vinegar due to her asthma and her sense of smell making her ill. I needed something acidic....went through cupboards...what was a girl to do? concentrated lemon juice in bottles..now thats acidic!
Yes i got out my bottle of lemon juice....think it was supermarket own range but forget.
I tipped it neat onto the stains and left it for almost a minute .....then wiped it away with damp kitchen roll.
guess what? It worked like a charm! one wipe the floor was clean again! If i get the energy up i need to steam clean it too.

fancy that...lemon juice and bunny wee!

dont believe me? when you run out of hutch cleaner...disinfectant....etc....and have NO vinegar left...you delve into the fridge to find an old bottle of lemon juice...purchased for pancake day...
it doesnt matter how long its been opened...if its out of date etc......iand the floor smelt zesty fresh lo.

I know....it smells like a chip shop minus the grease!

Amanda make a paste of bicarb of soda and lemon juice for taps and sinks:wave:

Please let me know if you get the same results guys! i haven't tried it on thick dried calcium build up on some very old much used plastic litter trays. I usually soak in white vinegar and a scraper...but give up as I'm in too much blooming pain! steam cleaner on blast nozzle is good but newer steam cleaners you have to hold the steam button all the time you're using the steam!

Happy lemon juice slooshing!

Back