• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recording rabbits

I<3Rabbits

Mama Doe
This might sound really strange :roll:but has anybody ever set up a camera in their bunny shed/hutch/room/pen etc. during the day or night to see what they get up to while your not there?

no, but i really want to. i don't have power to the shed yet, but when i have, I'm going to put a webcam in there that i can watch from my iPhone whenever, whether I'm at uni, work, or just in the house.

I want to record my piggies, but at night my web cam doesn't pick up anything at all and my piggies are in the dining room, so I think a shed would be darker. I think you need a special night vision camera.

:wave: yup I tried it with and extended web cam when Stu first went out side to what he did in the hutch at night but as it was wired the rain got in and it stopped working but I did get some shots of either a nose or bum:lol: it wasn't night vision:roll: too dark.

I have a wireless night vision camera on order but still waiting delivery because of the snow:evil:, as soon as I get it there will be updates:lol: but not too many I promise :D

I have a webcam on in my living room during the day when I'm at work. My mom watches too and I keep it on when I come home so she can watch the two of them play together.
It comes in handy when the electric goes out in the summer and I have to rush home to either turn the AC back or rescue them to somewhere cool.
It's also fun to watch Prancer "rearrange" the furniture while I'm gone. Mokona stays in her cage because she would terrorize Prancer (the older gentleman) and destroy the place without proper supervision.
It also makes me feel better when I can watch Prancer since he's older and has some health issues. I caught his "up and down" and restlessness a few weeks ago and could call the vet from work to take him in just after I got home. Luckily (?) it was a bad back making him uncomfortable and not his heart causing him trouble.

Back