• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny aviary roofs collapsed!

madcatwoman

Mama Doe
Dug a path to the rabbit shed this morning. Opened the door and went in and banged my head?? the middle post on the aviary roof has snapped.

Ive climbed up and cleared the snow off the roof at 7am, the neighbours must love me! and pulled back the ashfelt stuff so the snow can go through the mesh, the weight of the snow must have just been too much.

The rabbits are fine, cosy and warm, the roof hasnt come down as there are other supports there so I ve put the wheely bin under the offending post in the hope that if it comes down it will hit that till i can think of an alternative when we are snowed in and I cant get out for anything.

Yes weve about 7 or 8 inch, its very open and rural behind us so it just sweeps across.

By 8am I have cleared the rabbit roof, made a path to the shed and cleared from the front door to the gate. My hubby works a mile away and is walking there with 2 broken ribs.

I have to attempt to get my car off the street and go to work. Today is an couple in their late 70s I cant not attempt to get there and clean for them plus if i dont go i dont get paid

What a worry, but pleased to hear the buns are safe and sound.:thumb:

This weather causes all sorts of problems. Grrrrrrrrrr

Back