• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harry: Trying not to think about it...*UPDATE-NOT EATING**

Schez

Mama Doe
... but Haribo is going into the vets tomorrow morning to be neutured... :shock:

Now usually I'm not too worried, (only a little coz you worry a little even if it is just routine...) but just lately I have been doing a lot of bunny research (Why OH why do I do this to myself when I know damn well what I am like?!) .. I read some stories where bunnies haven't come back from going under and my now, everytime I think about leaving him at the vets tomorrow, my tummy does flippy-flops... :oops:

I think I'm more aprehensive this time around coz Harry belonged to a member on the RU so I feel even more responsible.. What if something happens... Nope. I'm not even going down that road... I am off to give Haribo a cuddle... Of course it's for him and not for my benefit... :shock: ;) :love:

Last edited:
Bless you, I think it's normal to worry, even for things that shouldn't really be worried about! I'm sure he will be fine, but best of luck for tomorrow! :wave:

Oooh, think positive..... Its difficult but it'll be for the best

Fee xxxxxxxx

Thank you guys! :wave: For being supportive and for not for making me feel I'm being totally over the top... though I know I am kinda being... :oops: I just couldn't bear the thought... Haribo has been well and truly snuggled... :D

He will be fine.

I haven't had to have a boy bun neutered, they already were. I did have to have my chinchilla done and was so worried as he is so tiny but all went well. :wave:

Aww, he'll be fine, although I remember being the same when Roxy was going in for her op.

Speedy recovery vibes for Harry and calming, gentle hugs for you xx

He will be fine.

I haven't had to have a boy bun neutered, they already were. I did have to have my chinchilla done and was so worried as he is so tiny but all went well. :wave:

Oh gosh... they are tiny.. Glad it went well. :)

I know what I am doing is absolutely right for him so I wouldn't go back on that decision... but it just freaked me a little reading what had happened to other buns... but our vets seem to be bunny knowledgable so I'm sure it will be fine. :lol:
By the end of the year, I have vowed that all my buns will be neutured - because of myxi, I decided that to have them all vaccinated first was far more important and immediate - it blew a hole in our finances :shock: so I have to do one bun at a time - one each month :oops:

Aww, he'll be fine, although I remember being the same when Roxy was going in for her op.

Speedy recovery vibes for Harry and calming, gentle hugs for you xx

Thank you so very much - I really appreciate those - for both Harry and me. :D

:love:

That was 9 years ago now. :shock: My vet couldn't do it so gave me the details of another vet.

The costs all add up and we had to budget. I had to wait a good few months before I could get my girl bunny spayed.

Now costs seem to go on constantly updating outside accommodation.

Hi I hope it goes well, just remember the vet is an expert and wouldn't do the op if there was any reason to think it wouldn't go well.

Sending vibes and keep us posted. :wave:

It really is normal to be anxious about it. When I dropped Toby dog off to be neutered about three weeks ago I was an absolute wreck. Ended up having to take some valium :oops:

Sending vibes, hope all goes well, as mentioned above, the vet wouldn't go ahead with the procedure if they weren't 100% happy :)

Update

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say thank yooooooou for being supportive. Harry has returned home! The vets said they would text us to let us know when he was coming around but they never did... This I can forgive as they were probably very busy. Anyone can understand that... But my boy hasn't eaten. I've tempted him with pellets and (shhhhhhhh) fenugreek treats but he gave me a filthy look and turned his back. The vets said he didn't touch anything they put down either... :? But they let him go as seemed to be alert and nosey-ing about, he also had some water apparently... Maybe I'm being an over protective mummy bun and he just needs to rest?he'shad a day of it after all....

Glad he is safe at home now. Not uncommon for them to stop eating. Hopefully he will start in the next hour or so. Keep us updated on his eating.

offer him yummy things to eat, keep his favourites around him. My boy didn't eat at first, but within a couple of hours he was running around and munching on food.

Harry is in a indoor cage at the moment, it's just for recovery but i don't like it. He has had a long,long drink... But has turned his nose up at his food/treats/hay... He's snoozing at the moment in the hay he's arranged. I know it's best to leave him to recover but I so wish I could just snuggle him... :(

Oh no a bit of a worry. Have you got any rabbit recovery food or vegetarian baby food to give him.

If he isn't eating in the morning he will need to go back to the vets. Sorry Harry isn't eating.

Glad he is ok :) when Lumiere was castrated he didn't eat until the next morning but he was bright and alert :) really hope he eats soon, sending vibes :) do you have pain relief for tomorrow?

Back