• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit neutering for students W.Yorkshire

RedFraggle

Warren Veteran
Hi Folks
My cousin would like to try and rehome her currently unneutered male rabbit. She is a full time student. Does anyone know which charities if any would help with the cost of neutering to enable her to be able to rehome him? She is in Bradford.
Bun in question is a gorgeous black uppy eared boy called Ziggy, he's about 4 I think and is currently kept outdoors if anyone is interested. He isn't anymore poorly housed than a lot of buns; his hutch is too small but he gets to range in their courtyard garden on an evening and is friendly.
Thanks

I would be amazed if any charities were able to offer help with neutering for full time students, they would be overwhelmed. The charities that do provide neutering vouchers etc will usually do it on the basis of receipt of certain state benefits, so normal full time students don't count.

It's great that your friend is trying to do the responsible thing though; if she can't afford neutering right now could she approach a reputable rescue for support in rehoming him?

I would be amazed if any charities were able to offer help with neutering for full time students, they would be overwhelmed. The charities that do provide neutering vouchers etc will usually do it on the basis of receipt of certain state benefits, so normal full time students don't count.

It's great that your friend is trying to do the responsible thing though; if she can't afford neutering right now could she approach a reputable rescue for support in rehoming him
?

I was thinking of exploring whether that would be an option as it's not really any different to having a foster. Will suggest it to her. She has felt for a while that he doesn't have the life she'd like him to have and they can't really afford to take on another rabbit (she's a mature student with 2 young kids).

Back