• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Milly... Quick recovery vibes please!

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Milly went into stasis today. Noticed at about half past five that she wasn't eating, and she quickly just became unresponsive. I rubbed her tummy and tried to make her move but didn't work.
We went to the vets (which was fun in itself, the car got stuck...) and she's had meds and I've brought home some recovery food.

She's eaten a little bit of hay in the last 10 minutes. Tiny nibbles but thankfully she is at least interested again! I'll be giving her some recovery food soon.

Vibes that she gets through this quickly please? I hate seeing her like this - she let me cuddle her earlier and she only allows that when she feels really poorly :(

(((((VIBES))))) C'mon Milly, get well soon sweetie - your mamma's worried ((Hugs)) for you too steph182! :thumb:

Today is the first time she's decided to be ill at a time other than 1am...
Shame it was a Sunday on a day where all the roads are an icy mess!

She's eaten a couple of pellets now too, so I think I'll give her one dose of recovery food and then leave her for a good few hours overnight to give her chance to do it herself. She hates being handled so I think it's fairer

I went to sleep for a bit and when I've woken up she's ran over for food... She hasn't had quite as much supper as normal but she dug straight in so I'm not giving her any recovery food... Less stress for her. She's sleepy from the meds and definitely has food in her so I'll see how she is in the morning when I give her meds and feed her then if need be, but hopefully she'll still be eating!
She looks much more comfortable now

Back