• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Creative ideas for old hutch...

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Hello :wave: Iv been trying to think of some diff ways I could make use of my old hutch. Part of me says skip it... But part of me thinks if I get my creative head on it could have a new use... It's a 4ft double, it's not in a very good state, the interior walls and floors have peeled away etc. Iv thought if the obvious thing like turning it into a storage unit, but I wouldn't really trust it to not get damp so wouldn't want to store hay or anything in it, or my electricals like the lawnmower! I'm not sure how well it'd paint up on the inside without new walls and floor (which is a bit more refurb than I have in mind :lol:) Iv seen a couple of hutches online that people have created 'planted roofs' on, which look lovely but as I wouldn't trust it on a hutch housing rabbits, it may be something I could try on this.

So does anyone have any bright ideas or has anyone created anything amazing (but simple!) from an old hutch?!

any photos so we can see how it looks at the moment :wave:

Thanks for ur reply, had given up :lol: I'm embarrassed to say I haven't even cleaned it out since I bonded Heidi and Dash before Xmas, it just kind of got abandoned :oops: but I will clean it out and take some pics, need to assess it myself really, may pull the floors out and see where I can go from there...

Lay it on its front and cut a bun sized door in the side - giant warren? It probably would rot through in a year or two but if they've got a big run it would work.

Back