• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New hamster cage!/UD exploring pics! #9

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Love it love it love it :D Access could be better but it's fine :p The Alexander from Zooplus :D

Apollo hasn't moved in yet and the (matching) wheel that is in the pictures is the wobbly one.. just needed to know where I could put it. His FS is green :cry: Extra sandbath/toilet upstairs and hammock to bridge the gap! His big sandbath/toilet and other things need to go in when he does :) Waiting for him to wake up ..!

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

Phoebe has also had a proper clean out with the new megazorb :)

KIOS -

DSC_0196.jpg

Combi 1 -

DSC_0200.jpg

All of it - (Paula without the brick! and Phoebe in the food bowl)

DSC_0204.jpg

Paula, with brick :) to keep her claws trim :)

DSC_0210.jpg

And Phoebe :p

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

Last edited:
Wow your set ups are brilliant. :love: I will have to try and talk the OH around to letting me play with having a few ferplast cages attached to each other :thumb:

Wow!! The alexander is amazing, ive read that you have to treat the wooden levels with some kind of spray so you can clean wee off it etc, is that true? Did you do that? Ive spent months dithering over the alexander or hamster heaven and I just cant choose! What do you think? Xx

Wow!! The alexander is amazing, ive read that you have to treat the wooden levels with some kind of spray so you can clean wee off it etc, is that true? Did you do that? Ive spent months dithering over the alexander or hamster heaven and I just cant choose! What do you think? Xx

Yeah :) It's called plasti kote :D don't do it in the house though, stinks :lol: IMO the Alexander is better space wise (for height) especially with the extra levels and Apollo is already a lot more confident (very nervous ham!) but the HH has a big front door for access. You can fit big wheels in both though and the bases are deep enough for plenty of substrate so it would be what you like more :p The only problem I have with the HH is the pent house, I know of many hamsters who have managed to escape using the pent house and the condensation that builds up in there can be dangerous.

Last edited:
We got an Alexander for Murray mouse, he loved it and was always scampering around. The access isn't the best as you say, but it's a great space for them.

We got an Alexander for Murray mouse, he loved it and was always scampering around. The access isn't the best as you say, but it's a great space for them.

Was a bit awkward to start with :lol: but I've got the hang of it now, just need my bf's help to move it!

UD

Apollo exploring! (not amazing pictures.. he wouldn't stop moving! :lol:) I took everything off the top level so he didn't hide in them, he soon figured out the ramp and then went off exploring downstairs! :D

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

Yeah :) It's called plasti kote :D don't do it in the house though, stinks :lol: IMO the Alexander is better space wise (for height) especially with the extra levels and Apollo is already a lot more confident (very nervous ham!) but the HH has a big front door for access. You can fit big wheels in both though so it would be what you like more :p The only problem I have with the HH is the pent house, I know of many hamsters who have managed to escape using the pent house and the condensation that builds up in there can be dangerous.

Agh decisions! Maybe ill get both then I can give 2 rescue hamsters new homes :D xx

Back