• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Todd, Lucy and Katy's Walkies! update - 26.02.13, post 20

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
I'm just going to keep updating this thread with walkies photos of the dogs, to save lots of doggy posts that not everyone wants to see :wave:

Well a few days ago we took a nice, but chilly, walk around Loch Innes. Instead of going the full circle like we usually do, we went off a track and up a hill.

Never been up there before, just because I've never know where it lead to, but turns out its really beautiful!

There's a full track all the way up, but we only went half way up as I didn't have my wellies on (thanks to Katy, she took them out and left in them in the garden where they filled with water, so blame Katy for not seeing the whole walk!).

We're definitely going to do the full walk once the wellies are dried out. Todd came too! I don't like to go too far away from the road incase his legs go, but he did well

So yeah, enough talk, PICTURES!

Katy by Niseag, on Flickr

Loch Innes with a jet flying above by Niseag, on Flickr

Todd by Niseag, on Flickr

Lucy by Niseag, on Flickr

Foinaven by Niseag, on Flickr

Loch Innes by Niseag, on Flickr

See the windy dirt track to the right? That's where we went up.

The girls by Niseag, on Flickr

Lucy and Katy by Niseag, on Flickr

more...

Last edited:

Loch Innes and Kinlochbervie by Niseag, on Flickr

Loch Innes and the hills by Niseag, on Flickr

Foinaven by Niseag, on Flickr

First attempt at photoshopping out a lead!

Katy breaking a puddle! by Niseag, on Flickr

Plastic bottle treasure!
Katy's bottle by Niseag, on Flickr

Beautiful doggies and a beautiful view, your very lucky I would love to live somewhere so pretty :love::love:

I can never get enough of your pictures, your photography is stunning! :thumb:

Beautiful dogs, and such a wonderful place to live- a true dog walking haven! :love: I love 'pointy' dogs- never used to think much of them but since I got my pointy Spooks I've really grown to love them! :p :love:

I'm so proud of the girls, we've worked hard, and finally, my girls were off the lead running together. I still worried the whole time, I just remember Maddy falling, but neither of the girls hurt themselves, so I am slightly re-assured.

Sounds stupid, but her death stopped me letting them run away from home pretty much completely. I just kept thinking how I couldn't get Maddy to the vet and if I kept them at home, when they hurt themselves, they can get straight to the car. But I'm finally starting to get over it, and work on their recall, and they were so good and had the most FUN they have had in ages!

Messing about with an editor

lots more!

I do not know the full story of Maddy but I want to say I am sorry for your loss. You clearly adore your dogs - it really does show in your photos.

All of them are just stunning (I really, really want to dognap Todd :love:)

I am also moving to your house. Just letting you know so you won't be surprised when a stranger and her animals turn up.

I do not know the full story of Maddy but I want to say I am sorry for your loss. You clearly adore your dogs - it really does show in your photos.

All of them are just stunning (I really, really want to dognap Todd :love:)

I am also moving to your house. Just letting you know so you won't be surprised when a stranger and her animals turn up.

Aww thank you :love: You are more than welcome to come join me! It gets lonely being the most northern RU-er :lol:

Everyone loves Todd. He's such a gentle old man (12.5 years old now). He's the biggest of all the pets, but the most soft :lol: :love:

Maddy was my last greyhound, she died aged 4 after falling while running and broke her spine. It's taken a long time for me to let these run again (will always have the image of Maddy lying there and me absolutely powerless), but you can't stop hounds doing what they love! It wasn't fair for them not to be able to run because of my issues.

I took the girls to the beach again, Todd stayed home as his joints were giving him bother. Girls had great fun though, although Lucy cut her pad open and felt VERY sorry for herself. She walked home just fine, but as soon as we got home, she limped to my Mum :lol: con.

Katy couldn't wait to get her lead off!

The girls by Niseag, on Flickr