• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

poorly bunny. heavy breathing and licking lips?

my rabbits seems to be having trouble breathing, and keeps licking her lips
she also seems to have lost weight

any ideas what the matter could be.

please help

She needs immediate veterinary attention

It is impossible to say what is wrong without examining her. But laboured breathing and weightloss are extremely worrying symptoms and any delay in consulting a Vet could mean a very poor outcome.

please help.

She needs immediate veterinary attention

It is impossible to say what is wrong without examining her. But laboured breathing and weightloss are extremely worrying symptoms and any delay in consulting a Vet could mean a very poor outcome.

thank you for your swift response
unfortunalty i'm unable to get out till monday
do you know anything i could do to ease her pain
and prevent her getting worse.

i'm so worried now
i dont want to loss her

thank you for your swift response
unfortunalty i'm unable to get out till monday
do you know anything i could do to ease her pain
and prevent her getting worse.

i'm so worried now
i dont want to loss her

Jane's right, this is extremely serious. This is what my bun does on his worst days and he has pneumonia. I'm not saying it is that, but it might be. If there's any way at all your bun can see a vet today you must take her...

If you wait until Monday it will probably be too late and she sounds as though she's in a lot of pain.

Please take her to the vet immediately. If you can't get out some surgeries do a pet ambulance service or home visits. Alternatively book a taxi. What area are you in perhaps someone could recommend somewhere you could get to?

Are you snowed in?? can someone take you maybe in a 4 wheel drive to the Vets..

The very best of luck, I hope you manage to get bunny to the vets in time..

Fee xxx

Back