• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bisc and matts mum passed away - honey *bit m/h aswell*

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
only just found out that she passed away about a year ago. apparantly she had been ill for a while before. taken to a local clueless vets and not vaccinated or spayed. this was a vet who talked my brothers ex/my ex friend out of getting her spayed. :(

me and my friend fell out over her treatment of her rabbits and guinea pigs.

i just feel so... :cry: ... that i couldn't help honey. and that because i got bisc and matt, my friend bought honey and kept her in a small hutch and run all these years. :cry:

i also feel scared that she has passed away aged about 7, which is what bisc and matt are this year. i know it is different for every rabbit but this has scared me. i also know many of the litter didn't do well. bisc and matt were only a few months old when they got ill. :(

i just feel so down :cry:

That is very sad :( and what a rubbish vet to dissuade them from spaying her :censored: Maybe she developed cancer and that is why she was ill for a while before she died? If that is the case then you will not have that worry as you are obviously a responsible and loving bunny mum.

I know it's hard not to worry but your buns are truly loved and cared for and that counts for a lot :love:

That is very sad :( and what a rubbish vet to dissuade them from spaying her :censored: Maybe she developed cancer and that is why she was ill for a while before she died? If that is the case then you will not have that worry as you are obviously a responsible and loving bunny mum.

I know it's hard not to worry but your buns are truly loved and cared for and that counts for a lot :love:

my brother doesn't know what honey passed away from, and he doesn't speak to his ex that much now. i thought maybe cancer. when she had bisc and matts litter she started pulling her own fur out, to the point she was bald in some places. my friend didn't spay her even though honey kept having phantom pregnancies and the pulling each time. she also tried to 'mother' the guinea pigs she was kept with. it took me ages to persuade her to have honey spayed and then that vet said it was too dangeous. if she carried on taking her there, no wonder she didn't get better. :(:(

it's just all so sad. :(

now my brother tells me she has got even more rabbits and guinea pigs, all kept in small hutches, unsafe hutches and garden. one rabbit even had eight babies and she gave them away for free.

i contacted the rspca years ago but they didn't want to know because her pets have shelter, food and water.

just can't bear it. :(

:( I am so sorry.

thanks. it's just really hit me and made me feel so down. just a mixture of feeling guilty and scared for my two aswell. i don't know. i have been worrying about losing them all lately. even though they all seem fine. but sometimes you just get scared knowing one day it will happen.

you can just see her in the back of this pic, with baby matt and bisc.

matt1.jpg

cute babies :love:

feel the need to say that your reaction is perfectly normal - when you hear bad news like that especially when it's close to home it's makes you think all sorts and all the emotions take over for a while

some memories we bury deep then when news like yours come, it brings everything back to the surface and makes things raw again :(

chin up, it gets better

i'm sorry.

thanks x

cute babies :love:

feel the need to say that your reaction is perfectly normal - when you hear bad news like that especially when it's close to home it's makes you think all sorts and all the emotions take over for a while

some memories we bury deep then when news like yours come, it brings everything back to the surface and makes things raw again :(

chin up, it gets better

thanks for this. i'm glad people understand. i've been trying not to post much about my mh or be negative as i was being practically everything i posted. but this just shocked me and i needed to post. x

Back