• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating snow

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I just spent 15 minutes outside in -2 degrees with the buns because they just wanted to play! It's freezing why were they thinking it was playtime?!?! There was running, jumping, climbing, sniffing and Lilly kept eating snow!!!!!! :roll: does anyone else have a bun who does this?!?!!

My two obviously have no aversion to cold or snow, I left this morning at 720 and it snowed all day, there was about an inch on the floor on the bunnies enclosure with hundreds of paw prints! Paw prints on every toy too! They've obviously been enjoying themselves!!! They're tucked up warm now, not that they like that, the last few nights I've seen them sleeping by their door, which is on the exposed side of the aviary so must be cold!

One of our late buns, Alfie, used to lick the snow, he went mad for it and chased around having the time of his life. He was a right nutter, I miss him sssoooo much :(

One of our late buns, Alfie, used to lick the snow, he went mad for it and chased around having the time of his life. He was a right nutter, I miss him sssoooo much :(

Awh I'm sorry for your loss :( he sounds a bit like my Lilly, she's so crazy it baffles me sometimes! :lol:

Even though mine are outdoor buns I'm being mean and not letting them out in it. Toby dog, on the other hand, loved it. He loves ice cubes, so I guess to him it's like one massive ice cube.

Mine have the hutch over run combinations and therefore a choice of whether to be in the 'exposed' downstairs (I cover the top when it's rainy or snowy) or to be snuggled up in the hutch.
More often than not they are downstairs in the run. Daisy-Boo and Pippin only ever use their 'bedroom' as a toilet and Salt does actually use his bedroom to sleep in, but he was in his run last night playing around.
They really don't seem to mind this weather at all, but I suppose they have thick fur coats to keep them warm.

Even though mine are outdoor buns I'm being mean and not letting them out in it. Toby dog, on the other hand, loved it. He loves ice cubes, so I guess to him it's like one massive ice cube.

Ice cubes?!? That is unusual :lol: I don't blame you for not letting your indoor bunnies out, I wouldn't have let my two if they lived indoors!

Well I just glanced out and they've dragged hay out of their toilet hutch (the cosiest and most enclosed place they have) to the centre of their aviary and are sat eating it right there in the open! Crazy! I was going to give them breakfast but since they're already eating I guess they can wait :lol:

Mine have the hutch over run combinations and therefore a choice of whether to be in the 'exposed' downstairs (I cover the top when it's rainy or snowy) or to be snuggled up in the hutch.
More often than not they are downstairs in the run. Daisy-Boo and Pippin only ever use their 'bedroom' as a toilet and Salt does actually use his bedroom to sleep in, but he was in his run last night playing around.
They really don't seem to mind this weather at all, but I suppose they have thick fur coats to keep them warm.

Yeh I agree their winter coats must be really thick! Although the week before the snow my two stared moulting badly! They still have moult lines! :roll:

Ice cubes?!? That is unusual :lol: I don't blame you for not letting your indoor bunnies out, I wouldn't have let my two if they lived indoors!

Well I just glanced out and they've dragged hay out of their toilet hutch (the cosiest and most enclosed place they have) to the centre of their aviary and are sat eating it right there in the open! Crazy! I was going to give them breakfast but since they're already eating I guess they can wait :lol:

:lol: Julie eats ice cubes.

Back