• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arghhhh stress :(

xlaurax

Mama Doe
Can't stop stressing about B&B outside :(

They have their snugglesafe, blankets, towels and cover etc but I'm so worried!

OH's workmate keeps telling him of her 2 buns that froze to death :cry:

Gaaaahhh wish I could bring them in! I dread getting up in the morning, I keep expecting the worst!

:(:(:(:(:(

They will be fine Laura if they have snugglesafes and covered from the wind etc they are outdoor bunnys and have a lovely thick fur coat :love:

Sounds like your buns are all snuggy, and they have each other.

Maybe the workmate had her buns in a rubbish hutch with not much bedding.

I'm sure they'll be fine :thumb:

I had a painter and decorator that told me his bun and gp froze in their hutch in the garage. I don't believe it. He always told tall stories.

I have had buns for over 14 years, at least 10 years outside and they were all healthy. Loved it. My two outside love it. Was thinking of bringing them in but they hated being inside I wouldn't consider it. They have a base with a throw over it, tons of hay, a summerhouse and plenty of food and water.

Remember there are 1000's of wildies out there and they are fine too.

They'll be fine. Buns thrive in the cold if they have a warm hutch or base. They get lovely thick coats and with loads of straw/hay they can really keep warm. Most of the time, given the choice, they would sit out in the cold.

Thank you everyone :wave:

Just tucked them in for the night. They're so furry at the min it's ridiculous! Like little balls of fluff :lol:

I do worry about them. Can't help it :roll: stoopid hooman behaviour :lol:

I wonder if the poor buns who froze were out in rickety old cages with no covers and only sawdust for bedding?

We had assorted small animals outside throughout my childhood. Most before snuggle safes were around, all did very well on lots of hay and a towel flopped over the frount to cut down on drafts (the hutch was shelter from snow and rain but not wind)

They'll be fine! Especially as they can snuggle :p

Buns that are healthy and have a bit of help from us such as a cover, snugglesafe and plenty of hay and straw will be fine.

My tip would be if you are ever worried, put your finger between them when they are snuggled up - you'll be suprised how much heat is between them:thumb:

mine have survived colder winters than this outside, and my guineapigs are outside too and they are all ok, I top up all their hay each night so the piggys can burrow in it, the rabbits just flatten it and lay on top and two of mine drag the hay in to their run and lay outside on it!

Back