• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Jessica

JosieLiz

Young Bun
I have been very worried about Jessica lately. She has started to limp, I don't know what it could be, she is still eating, drinking and hopping around, but she has been dragging her back leg. I'm going to take her to the vets, I'm praying that she will be ok. Please could you send vibes for Jessica, I love her very much.

The vet will give her a good check over I am sure. You could ask about ecuniculi which is treated with Panacur and Metacam for 28 days.
Sending lots of get well soon vibes.

Sending vibes for Jessica , There was an incident 2 weeks ago where somebody stood on Bella's front left paw (accidental) and she was in pain and was holding it up and was not putting much weight on the foot, she had an x-ray was not broken just tissue damage and bruising, 2 weeks later she is finally 95% back to normal and very seldom holds it up, Bella is on metacam for the rest of her life for other problems so just had to up it while her foot was bad. Good luck at the vets

Jessica has been to the vet now. The vet said that she has broken leg. The vet said that there is not much that we can do, I have been given Metacam, and she has that everyday. It seems to be helping her, today she seemed brighter and had her feistyness back!

Jessica has been to the vet now. The vet said that she has broken leg. The vet said that there is not much that we can do, I have been given Metacam, and she has that everyday. It seems to be helping her, today she seemed brighter and had her feistyness back!

I've no personal experience of brken limbs, but your vet says that there is not much you can do!!:shock:

I find that very surprising and shocking. I may be wrong however surely something more can be done to help Jessica.

Someone with more experience in this matter will no doubt be along shortly.

Poor Jessica, at least she is on some pain relief. Bless her heart.:love:

Has she had an xray? I think usually a vet would splint the leg and bandage it to stop the break from moving? I have no experience in this but maybe you should post a new thread about broken legs. She must be in agony even on metacam bless her :(

Have you got her confined?

Thank you for your advice, Jessica will be going back to the vets this afternoon and hopefully we can get her more help.

Back