• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leaving buns out in the snow?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
Do you just leave them out and trust that they will go in when they have had enough?

I closed the buns into their sheds last night as the weather was really truely awful...I let them out at 6am this morning when i fed them breakfast and I swept the avariy floor clear of the snow...within an hour it was covered again as its really blowy here so just blowing the snow straight in...

Willow and Molly were going nuts in it and digging/binkying etc and absolutly loving it...I left them out for a couple of hours and then i wimped out and popped them back into the shed as they were quite damp when io stroked them...

The quad were divided about the snow and whilst Poppy and Daisy sat out in it and seemed to really enjoy it and were dashing about...Lucky and Hope sat in the shed up on the shelf just looking out...they didnt venture out once :lol: but their avairy floor kept filling with snow again so I tucked them away too...

I felt bad but its so blizzardy out there :?

My dad leant the roof of their old hutch against the run but it did nothing :lol: I couldn't leave them in the run because it was blowing into the the shed! They have plenty of room in there so its fine :p whether its snowing or not tomorrow, I'll just get my mom to decide whether or not to let them out. Donny loves it and would lie in it all day.. :roll: :lol:

Do you just leave them out and trust that they will go in when they have had enough?

I closed the buns into their sheds last night as the weather was really truely awful...I let them out at 6am this morning when i fed them breakfast and I swept the avariy floor clear of the snow...within an hour it was covered again as its really blowy here so just blowing the snow straight in...

Willow and Molly were going nuts in it and digging/binkying etc and absolutly loving it...I left them out for a couple of hours and then i wimped out and popped them back into the shed as they were quite damp when io stroked them...

The quad were divided about the snow and whilst Poppy and Daisy sat out in it and seemed to really enjoy it and were dashing about...Lucky and Hope sat in the shed up on the shelf just looking out...they didnt venture out once :lol: but their avairy floor kept filling with snow again so I tucked them away too...

I felt bad but its so blizzardy out there :?

I keep my shed bunnies locked in when it's really bad, when it's not too bad I leave it open so they can go in and out if they want too. I think they like to have choices.

Mine have two runs connected to thir hutch, it goes hutch > run with tarp > run without tarp. I left them out and let them choose. They've done a bit of digging and zooming about but are generally staying in the hutch anyway.

last year I just let them come and go as they pleased, covered the hutch and part of the run with a tarp but they chose to sit in the snow :lol:

I leave their little doors open all day,..but their enclosures are roofed and only the front is exposed..

Because the snow was blowing in a bit today I put clear plastic across the front to keep the snow out.

A few of my oldest buns would sit out in all sorts of weather if allowed, even though it would pr make them ill, so they have to be locked in for their own good

Back