• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice needed pls!

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
At the moment I have Doris indoors as she is long term poorly, yesterday I also had to bring Cinders in as she wasn't eating much,shes a bit skinny and has been for a while for no obvious reason, now my question is this.....

If I keep Cinders indoors while its so cold outside how long will it take before she can't go back outside til spring?

The reason I ask is because I will be moving house very soon and will seriously have not enough room to keep 2 seperate bunnies indoors for the rest of the winter :?

Doris will deffo have to stay in because she has moulted out her winter coat I just don't quite know what to do about Cinders now.

I would say spring or until the weather heats up. My rabbit is a house rabbit though so someone with more knowledge will come along but I would have thought your rabbit would get used to the warmth and it would be cruel to put it outside when the temperature hasn't warmed up.

I would put Cinders back outside asap. Have you taken her to the Vets as she is u//weight. The Vet may advise you to worm her as it could be the reason for her being skinny.

I would keep Cinders in til late Spring. If she is already underweight she wont be able to regulate her body temperature and any latent disease process is likely to take a hold.

I would keep Cinders in til late Spring. If she is already underweight she wont be able to regulate her body temperature and any latent disease process is likely to take a hold.

You see deep down I knowthis but my new house is less than half the size of what I have now and I am unsure as to where Doris will go until spring nevermind another one ,also Alexander is Cinders partner and he is still outside ,if shes going to be in fulltime then what about the bond??

Jeepers . :?

Back