• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't forget about the bad memories. :(

Found a video of me bonding my quad; Mischief, Tinkerbell and Jasper with single bun Blossom, these were the good times! :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiinfPd-Vck

The bonded and were together about a month :D

until a fight broke out. :( So when I went on holiday in 2011, I decided they would go living as 2 separate pairs. Sadly when I was on holiday, I got a nightmare phone call. The bunny boarder went to check on the buns and found Jasper fitting in the bed area. It was all so quick and he passed away, nothing she could do. :cry:

This left poor Tinkerbell by herself (as she had been paired with Jasper) and I felt the right thing to do was put her back with her brother Mischief as she had never lived on her own before. So then I had single Blossom again. I planned on rescuing her a friend when I got back from a trip to the Lake District where I went 2 weeks after my first holiday.

So off the buns went; Mischief with Tinkerbell and Blossom as a single. Blossom was an old, fragile girl who had gone through hell and back when I 'rescued' her from my mum's cousin and I knew she wouldn't have a long life. However, I didn't expect it to happen... I got a phone call from the boarder, Blossom had passed away. The boarder desperately wanted me to have a PM done on her, even offered to pay, (I can understand as it would seem as though she'd done something what with losing Jasper there the holiday before) but I refused. I felt poor Blossom had gone through enough cuts and bruises, I didn't want any more added to her body. :cry: The boarder did nothing wrong, she is amazing and is highly recommended on this forum. Even fosters for a rescue, it was just bad luck on my account. :cry:

To this day, I still cannot get over the guilt of putting Mischief back with his sister. It felt like the right thing to do, but this meant Blossom died alone and it's all my fault. :(

I found that bonding video and it reminded me of how happy I was when they finally bonded, I just hate how it all went down hill.

In February 2012 I added another bun to my pair, Hector, and it's a good job I did. :cry: As 2 months later I lost dental bun Mischief to an abscess :cry: meaning Tinkerbell would have been alone. :(

I miss Jasper, Blossom and Mischief so so much. :cry: I try to forget about the awful memories of losing them. My current buns Tinkerbell, Hector and newest addition Theo, help me to. But I just have these moments to think and then the bad memories come flooding back. I just miss them, I really really do.

Binky free babies. :cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry you're feeling down at the moment , just so you know you gave blossom the best life with you after such a bad experience never forget that , she may of died alone but she was happy that you came to her rescue gave her what she deserved , love ,care ,friends :love:
It's so hard loosing pets was so hard loosing my 2 bunnies and piggy but couldn't imagine loosing a bun now have such close bonds . You're an amazing bunny mum and Jasper, Blossom and Mischief had happy lives with you and they'll never forget you xx

*hugs* they were very special buns and i'll never forget them they were a few of the first buns i started following on youtube
youre an amazing pet owner emma never forget that xxx

They had a good life with you, somethings are not meant to be. You did everything you could have and your buns had happy lives with you:)
I found your video very informative as I am sure others will have.

((Hugs)) I'm afraid the memories will probably stay with you. You made a decision you thought was best (and I would have done the same thing). You gave blossom a life she could have never imagined before so she passed away a much happier and much loved bunny. Hold onto those thoughts xxx

It's so hard when we lose our special buns...but you gave them so much love and a happier life. Try to put the bad thoughts out of your mind, give your new buns a cuddle and think about the love you still have to give. <lots of hugs>

I've heard that a life is neither 'good' nor 'bad' it's the sum of both, so you end up with a pile of 'good' things and a pile of 'bad' things. All we can hope is that the number of 'good' outweighs the 'bad'.

Hang on to those memories when they were bonded, as a quad, as a pair, remember the excitement of dinner time, the binkies, the dbf's, the nose rubs...every single one of those day to day little moments is an addition to the 'good' pile. Your buns were loved and you did your very best for them, try to focus on the good moments :love:

Back