• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your rabbits know their names?

bethepoet

Mama Doe
Mine don't :lol:

They know food, they know head rubs and they know playtime, but they definitely don't know their names.

Roxy knew her name, understood when I shouted treats and would come running and understood no, she was so clever.

Poor Alvin doesn't have a clue.

Biffy and Brambles both come running towards me when I call them. Then once they realise i'm not giving them a treat they run off again. :lol:

I call Duncan by his name and he seems to respod, the girls I just call buns or Lily bun, Mimi bun.
However I tend to call them when I have a treat or food so.................:?

I think Loki responds to Loki-doki and Thor responds to Thor-kins (OH is a Hawkins so he is Thorkins Hawkins!) but I am not 100% sure it's not purely down to tone of voice! :lol:

Pretty sure they do, I get looked at when I call out names, it's always the right bunny looking over too

I suppose the only way is to call names without food.... maybe mine are dim but all LOVE food;)

Oh I have. I asked because they were lying down and I repeatedly called for Alfie, he didn't so much as look in my direction. They will always run over though, whether I have food or not, because they like to investigate and there might be a stroke in it for them.

I don't mind, just think it's funny and was wondering if it was my own fault because I'm very hands-off.

Mine dont but as soon as I shout TWEATS (treats lol) they come running, so maybe theyre just ignorant if it isnt for food lol

Mine come by separately if I call them by name and they both come if I shout bunnies!
They live in my bedroom though, I spend a lot of time talking to them :lol:

At least one of my buns knows his name. He comes running like a little dog if called for.

He can tend to go in the wrong direction at times if I'm in another room, but he gets there in the end :lol:

Alice knows her name and comes as soon as she's called.
Bear used to but now he only comes when I shout "Alice" too or shake the treat tin :lol:

I am not sure. She sometimes comes when we call her. But other times its get lost i am staying in here no matter if you want to shut the door!

Back