• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got a piece of hay embedded under my skin..

Thanks to the cold weather and the outside piggies and me needing to put in a pile of hay.
The hay sticks together so I had to pull it apart which caused it. :roll: My hands are covered with scratches (also due to dry skin) and now this small bit of green hay (about half a cm but was a bit bigger) is stuck under the skin of my little finger. I tried pressing it to get it out but it just resulted in puss. I've had it since yesterday and it's a bit sore. Any advice on how to get rid of it?

Thanks x

ETA: Sorry Mods if I've posted in the wrong section :oops:

I'd go in with a needle/pin (clean!) and dig it out. Then scrub it with tcp or Dettol or something then put cream on it.

It'll hurt but you need to get it out or it'll get infected! I've had to do similar a few times and once the foreign body is gone the cut usually heals really quick.

Tweezers! I've done it before, it kills!! But like above you need to get it out or it'll get worse.. I ended up taking a chunk of skin out my finger with it but atleast the hay was out :lol:

Ouch! This happens to me a lot and it's so painful. I usually use a needle to break the skin and then a pair of tweezers to pull it out. xXx

Did you get it out yet? If not try soap and sugar on a plaster to draw it out. Has always worked for me.

Thank you guys. :) I manage to squeeze it out and then put antiseptic and plaster on. Worrying thing is I've just lost my plaster and I'm wondering if it's fallen in the piggies hay? :?

Back