• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Duncan, his warren and first snow!

AnneGibson

Warren Scout
P1030256.jpg

Duncan 4 month old smoke angora
P1030255.jpg

Sid rexcue racing pigeon with broken wing
P1030254.jpg

Duncan looking out at the snow
P1030253.jpg

The warren door
P1030252.jpg

Interior of the warren

P1030251.jpg

P1030249.jpg

P1030248.jpg

P1030245.jpg

My two dwarfs are still in the house as they came in post spay and never went out again, they will go back for the summer.
There are spare hutches at the moment, when I have more time( stopped work) I intend to take on some rescue buns and an another angora for spinning.
The original plan was for angoras only as I am a spinner, however being given Lily and Mimi as re-home and this forum has made my aware of the great need for forever homes and one day I will take on more. However with work, two allotments and avery large garden I will wait until I have the time to care for them.

He looks warm!!

Silly question...will you dye his fur once you've spun it or will you leave it natural? It's fascinating. Do you groom him for it? Is that how it works?

Sorry, I know nothing about spinning angora...:oops:

He looks warm!!

Silly question...will you dye his fur once you've spun it or will you leave it natural? It's fascinating. Do you groom him for it? Is that how it works?

Sorry, I know nothing about spinning angora...:oops:

Not a silly question at all, he is a smoke angora and his wool is dark at the moment, as he gets older it will get lighter. I like natural colours and will spin him without dying.
I groom him and pluck - no pain it is long wool just ready to drop out- I have clipped him once- I was VERY nervous and will do again when but only when the weather is warmer. He can be clipped 4-5 times a year. I am amazed how fast is wool has grown back.

Back