• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mona After Her Stroke

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
Poor old Mona had a stroke recently and has been left paralyzed down one side so she is dragging her back leg around. She has also had to move indoors for the first time in eleven years partly to stay warm and partly to make life easier for her in a soft environment. Sadly as her husbun is part wildie bun and very very active we have decided not to bring him indoors as he would wreck the place, jump out and take advantage of Mona's incapacity and hump her :oops: The vet thinks this would stress her out and I agree so for now she is living peacefully in my bedroom. She gets round the clock care as there is always someone bunny savvy at home and plenty of company and attention although we are refraining from lifting her too often.

She is doing ok and eats and drinks, so far no incontinence has occurred but we need to keep an eye on that. She is a real trooper though and is trying so hard to live as normal. When she cleans her face now she has to do it one pawed as she can't support herself and jumping, binkies and running are all out of the question. She has been very licky since being ill though and I think she appreciates the extra attention. But its a real shame to see her like this, so helpless and immobile. She is very old has become a bit thinner and frailer in her old age so handling her with kid gloves just now. She also has glaucoma and takes meds for that so she is on a right cocktail of drugs just now.

In this picture the leg which is sticking out is the paralyzed one and she is dragging it.
DSCF5768_zpsd05e5933.jpg

And here she is tucked up under a towel which I warmed on the radiator which she seems to enjoy.
DSCF5777_zps242075d4.jpg

Bless her. :love:

She is lucky to be in such loving and capable hands. xx

Thank you. I love her so much and she is incredibly special as she was one of my first pets along with her sister who is now at the Bridge. So Mona has lived with me through so many life changes and vice versa and we have always been there for each other. I have had her since I was 16 and if we are lucky she will be 11 this April. So she is so very very special. She also inspired my change from omnivore to veggie than vegan and also got me interested in buying cruelty free products and animal rights. I can't express enough how amazing and special she is. I want to give her the very best I can.

Back