• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly bunny at the vets - VERY COLD - SHE'S GONE

suzibunbun

Mama Doe
:cry:Izzy my beautiful BEW nethie was really unwell this morning - really listless - sleepy and floppy - she was also very cold (but the weather is bad anyway) I kept my eye on her all morning and after lunch she was not much better so i took her to the vets - the vet took her temperature and said she was very cold and immediately admitted her, put her on a drip and have warmed her up - she has already improved a lot in 2 hours and i am hoping she can come back this evening to be with her sister again. Any advice for tonight? we have just started with snow!

Last edited:
Are they outside?

Hope she picks up so you can get her back. Lots of hugs to you, it's horrible when they are unwell.

Are they outside?

Hope she picks up so you can get her back. Lots of hugs to you, it's horrible when they are unwell.

Yes she is an outdoor bun - she lives in a 2 tier large hutch with her sister - she has never been poorly before - they are both about 4.5 years old - their hutch is covered and warm

Sounds like she's got a chill. I would definitely bring her inside but don't let her get too warm !

Sounds like she's got a chill. I would definitely bring her inside but don't let her get too warm !

Can bunnies get chills??? I asked the vet if it was the weather and she said no as buns are really hardy - maybe she was feeling under the weather and the cold added to it??

Binky free little one. Sorry I didn't get to meet you. I will give your sister an extra special hug when I meet her soon. I will give your mum a hug too xx.

Back