• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toy help- I'm paranoid now... what should I give him?

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
Hi everyone,

As I'm sure you all know Ludo had GI Stasis last week.

The problem is that I'm paranoid as to what toys he can have. I don't want him chewing things or eating things that have any risk of causing stasis. I've made him toys with hay in them (toilet rolls etc) but he's not really interested as he prefers to eat his hay in his sitting area.

I made him a thing out of shoelaces and a lamp- I hung apple sticks off the lamp with the shoelaces and he loved it, and has already chewed it up (the sticks not the laces!). I'll make him another one as we have an apple tree.

I've also got him wooden chew toys and willow sticks tied together with willow bark from P@H (sorry!).

All his other toys are just things in my room that have been deemed safe. He seems really happy and has been playing, napping and hay eating all morning. But he destroys things so quickly I need to keep him entertained!

Has anyone got any other toys they could recommend? I don't mind paying around £3-£5 per toy. Also I don't really want him having cardboard as he is a cardboard eater and chewer. He's got a very large space so big isn't a problem. The room is carpeted so preferably nothing too messy!

EDIT: I have read the toy making posts on here, buthe's not that interested in the ones I made and also they seem quite cardboardy!

Last edited:
I buy alot of childrens' hard plastic toys for Estelle and Frankie. A trip to a charity shop might help you choose some new toys. The plastic inside of lint rollers is also a good non chewable toy.

Best of luck in finding suitable things.

The only thing that Doughnut really loves is tunnels. She loves her willow tunnel which she can eat and sit in! That keeps her entertained and willow is good for the teeth.

I buy alot of childrens' hard plastic toys for Estelle and Frankie. A trip to a charity shop might help you choose some new toys. The plastic inside of lint rollers is also a good non chewable toy.

Best of luck in finding suitable things.

What a brilliant idea, I'd never even thought of charity shops, thank you :thumb:

The only thing that Doughnut really loves is tunnels. She loves her willow tunnel which she can eat and sit in! That keeps her entertained and willow is good for the teeth.

Where did you get her willow tunnel if you don't mind me asking? I think Ludo would like a tunnel.

I get it from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Happy-Pet-W...KJWG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358500656&sr=8-1

She much prefers this to the willow basket or balls, she doesn't really chew on them!

Here's Doughnut enjoying it!

do.jpg

Last edited:
Back