• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freezing water.

jazxo

Mama Doe
Pippin's water is freezing literally every 1-3 hours. She must have been left without it for so long last night as she drank loads this morning. I feel so awful but because she will only drink from a bottle there's not much I can do. I have offered her bowls but she shows no interest at all. I would wrap the bottle up etc but the spout freezes first anyway so there's no point. It's okay when I'm at home but I'll be at work tomorrow so I won't be able to defrost it regularly.

I might just stick a bowl in today but I highly doubt she'll touch it.

pop the bowl in anyway, sometimes it can take a bit before they realise its easier to drink out the bowl :)

I will do, thank you :)
When I had tried previously I put some grass in it so she could like feel there was water when she ate the grass out of it but she still just ignored it:roll: :lol:

shell learn in time :) I've heard you can put a ping pong ball in the bowl as well to stop it freezing :)

I will try that when I get one :)
Do you think it would take longer for water in a plastic bowl to freeze rather than a ceramic bowl?

I found they both freeze just as fast :lol: mine have a ceramic one as they knock over the plastic ones :roll: I have a ping pong ball in it too and it didn't freeze last night so that was good :thumb: it did freeze this afternoon though! :shock:

I found they both freeze just as fast :lol: mine have a ceramic one as they knock over the plastic ones :roll: I have a ping pong ball in it too and it didn't freeze last night so that was good :thumb: it did freeze this afternoon though! :shock:

Oh okay thanks :) Pippin's has been freezing all day :( If only I could have her inside, I think I'd be more happy than she would :lol:

I know it is a problem with water freezing but always make sure she has water straight after eating then if it freezes later it won't be so important.

I know it is a problem with water freezing but always make sure she has water straight after eating then if it freezes later it won't be so important.

She always drinks after her pellets and she just had them so I made sure she had water then. Thanks :)

Back