• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snuggle safe

Bunsterz

Warren Scout
Does anyone give snugglesafe heat pads to their bunnies in winter? I really want to but I'm worried they will chew them?

You have a cover on them they don't chew them I think they are too hard anyway for them to chew :)
I have 4 in my houses on a night :)

I do when it's really cold... but I leave it in the hutch all year round, so that when I do want to heat it up for them it's not a novelty and they don't want to chew it. It depends on the bun I think!

Even though they have fleece covers I still hide mine under a blanket and newspaper 'just in case'

i have used them for about 5 years with different rabbits without any problems. i put 4 in the shed between the 3 rabbits at the moment.
buddy loves it, i have to turf him off it every morning even though its gone cold by then! :D

mne have one even though they are indoor buns :lol: they use it when poorly or very cold even though inside (wimps :lol:) none of my rabbits have ever chewed at it

Excellent, I may well get some then and give it a go :) hate the thought of them being outside, the hutches have covers and they have tons of hay but I want to do more lol :D

I'd like to get my bunnies one, and will do when they go a bit cheaper ready for next winter/incase they get poorly. My piggy has one and she tries to eat anything and everything :roll: But doesn't chew the snugglesafe :thumb:

Ok, thanks guys, think I will be ordering 4 from work tomorrow then!! :)

Hershel loves his, it goes in his bed every night in the middle of his straw nest/burrow. He doesn't chew it, but he's had it since a baby.
George has started to get hers most nights as it has gotten colder. We started by placing it under her straw but now leave it in the middle like Hershel. I noticed tonight she has nibbled the cover but not the actual snugglesafe.

They have been really cheap on Amazon for a while now, currently only £12.50 http://www.amazon.co.uk/SnuggleSafe-Microwave-Wireless-Heatpad-Fleece/dp/B0014LJKUA/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1358373772&sr=1-1

My two girls have 3 in there at the moment. :oops: They get them day and night in these cold conditions, but during the winter, they get heatpads at night. They love to sit directly on them so they do stay warm, even in minus temperatures. They also get warmed water several times a day (they much prefer it to cold water so they stay hydrated). And they have 3 covers on their hutch. Even in minus temperatures, the water bottle and bowl never freeze, so the hutch must always be above freezing.

Back