• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The wee ducks are in too!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
I took the wee ducks in today, at mid day it was still -4 and they were just sitting on the ice.
Daphne the white one is an Indian runner and 9 years old. Iris is an east indie and is now 8, she's the green and white splotchy one but was originally all green. The brown one with a green head and is called Kermit, he is the male of the group.
6AE325BC-EE01-4043-8D71-D2330CE989DC-1918-00000108A2AFD8E7.jpg

Aww! I think I like Kermit best, he's gorgeous. Obviously Daphne and Iris are good looking lasses too ;) I didn't realise ducks lived so long to be honest! How do they react to being inside with straw?

we are expecting -8 tonight, I only opened the rabbits up for a short time today and closed them back up after about an hour and a half, its just too cold, I filled their hutches with hay and treats and filled all bottles up,

Chickens I gave luke warm water as their water just freezes instantly

It's been a nightmare the last 2 days, Mike was away and all the water has frozen- even to the house so I have been trying to make sure everybody has enough without wasting any! I kept the horses in as the fields are awful and as long as they had hay they were happy.
Unfortunately the findhorn 4 pigs are still outside but their pen us piled high with straw!
We are looking at buying a second hand 16 ft by 7 ft shed but not sure if we can afford it, it's fully insulated though, well build and only 3 months old and I am feel we need to make sure we have sufficient inside housing for all animals- the next year will be concentrating on that.

Thank you, it's really isn't big enough but sometimes we just have to work on keeping the animals warm and safe rather than the desired space. :?

Awww you do such wonderful work. :love: Cannot believe they want to sit on frozen ice.

OH has relatives in Oz and they live out in the middle of no where. Hadn't rained for years. One day it poured and their ducks, which I think were pets, freaked out. Rather sad but I suppose they adjusted to the climate they lived in.

Back