• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowy's inside *SORRY*

PinkBun

Alpha Buck
Went into town today and in one of the charity shops was a large indoor rabbit cage - £10! So I bought it, put sawdust in and hay and now Snowy is inside, much to Shadow's amusement :roll:

She is in the cool corridor and is munching her hay. Sorry everyone who said not too, It wasn't planned, but now I can see her and keep her inside with us:)!

Last edited:
Id just use newspaper and hay over the top, the sawdust will be bad for her lungs.
Also I hope your house isn't too warm, if she's been an outdoor bun :s you'll need to keep her cool.
I have the indoor ferplast cages as well but I only use that as a base for them and have a puppy pen up around it in order to give them all the room they need
I never close the cage unless its being used as a recovery cage after a spay etc. X

Awww :love: photos? :D

Not being a kill-joy, but are you aware that its not ideal to use sawdust as it can lead to respiratory problems? it may just be a temporary thing but I just thought I'd check :wave: xxx

Are you going to attach a run?

Sawdust isn't good for rabbits - much better to use newspaper and hay.

Agh! Sorry I had no idea !!! Sorry all!
I'll post photos in a bit,
it's just a line of sawdust on the bottom and covered by hay! She has being out and running and is now nomming on her tea, and she is in the corridor where it is cool from the outside door!:love:

Don't apologise Sammy! You weren't to know! I just use newspaper in mine, but some bunnies like to shred it which is very frustrating:lol:

Don't apologise Sammy! You weren't to know! I just use newspaper in mine, but some bunnies like to shred it which is very frustrating:lol:

Haha, I will change it to paper when I clean her out in a few days, sorry all *.*
Bad bunny mum!

Don't worry it's unlikely to do any harm for a few days, espeically if it's well covered.

Just to warn you, once you bring a bunny in you'll never manage to put them back again. You'll find yourself too in love, and spending all your time with them. :love:

Don't worry it's unlikely to do any harm for a few days, espeically if it's well covered.

Just to warn you, once you bring a bunny in you'll never manage to put them back again. You'll find yourself too in love, and spending all your time with them. :love:

Here's hoping;)
I'd love her to be a permanent inside bun! :D

Im debating bringing Poppy in as well. I'm not sure how she would take to it and suspect she is happier in her shed as I've got the dogs and cats inside...but its soooo cold.

I use wood shavings too...I tried Megazorb, easibed, newspaper and the only thing she will wee on is shavings:oops:

Just opened the door to let her have free range :3

3767_119189034919776_826668151_n_zpsc50bf438.jpg

205916_119189151586431_1963645076_n_zps97331a7c.jpg

3811_119188938253119_846534454_n_zps3c195f2a.jpg

Last edited:
How much time does she have out running around? I'm not having a go but it's really not big enough. Could you buy a pen to go around it?

Its lovely that you brought her inside but couldn't you leave that box open so she can hop in and out its not very deep either to keep her fastened inside but she's a gorgeous bunny :love::love:

Is that a zoozone 1? If so it's not really big enough for a guinea pig, let alone a rabbit. They are 72cm long I think. I agree with Justine about a pen, although the zz's don't have doors so with a playpen it could be used as a litter tray.

Is that a zoozone 1? If so it's not really big enough for a guinea pig, let alone a rabbit. They are 72cm long I think. I agree with Justine about a pen, although the zz's don't have doors so with a playpen it could be used as a litter tray.

I was thinking she could use a pen and take the top off the cage to use as a bed/litter tray.

Back