PDA

View Full Version : Snowy's inside *SORRY*

PinkBun
16-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Went into town today and in one of the charity shops was a large indoor rabbit cage - 10! So I bought it, put sawdust in and hay and now Snowy is inside, much to Shadow's amusement :roll:

She is in the cool corridor and is munching her hay. Sorry everyone who said not too, It wasn't planned, but now I can see her and keep her inside with us:)!

natsusakura
16-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Id just use newspaper and hay over the top, the sawdust will be bad for her lungs.
Also I hope your house isn't too warm, if she's been an outdoor bun :s you'll need to keep her cool.
I have the indoor ferplast cages as well but I only use that as a base for them and have a puppy pen up around it in order to give them all the room they need
I never close the cage unless its being used as a recovery cage after a spay etc. X

JemimaH
16-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Awww :love: photos? :D

Not being a kill-joy, but are you aware that its not ideal to use sawdust as it can lead to respiratory problems? it may just be a temporary thing but I just thought I'd check :wave: xxx

susie bun
16-01-2013, 05:44 PM
I hope Snowy enjoys being an indoor bun. :wave:

Babsie
16-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Are you going to attach a run?

Sawdust isn't good for rabbits - much better to use newspaper and hay.

PinkBun
16-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Agh! Sorry I had no idea !!! Sorry all!
I'll post photos in a bit,
it's just a line of sawdust on the bottom and covered by hay! She has being out and running and is now nomming on her tea, and she is in the corridor where it is cool from the outside door!:love:

JemimaH
16-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Don't apologise Sammy! You weren't to know! I just use newspaper in mine, but some bunnies like to shred it which is very frustrating:lol:

PinkBun
16-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Don't apologise Sammy! You weren't to know! I just use newspaper in mine, but some bunnies like to shred it which is very frustrating:lol:

Haha, I will change it to paper when I clean her out in a few days, sorry all *.*
Bad bunny mum!

Hesperus
16-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Don't worry it's unlikely to do any harm for a few days, espeically if it's well covered.

Just to warn you, once you bring a bunny in you'll never manage to put them back again. You'll find yourself too in love, and spending all your time with them. :love:

PinkBun
16-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Don't worry it's unlikely to do any harm for a few days, espeically if it's well covered.

Just to warn you, once you bring a bunny in you'll never manage to put them back again. You'll find yourself too in love, and spending all your time with them. :love:

Here's hoping;)
I'd love her to be a permanent inside bun! :D

helen01
16-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Im debating bringing Poppy in as well. I'm not sure how she would take to it and suspect she is happier in her shed as I've got the dogs and cats inside...but its soooo cold.

I use wood shavings too...I tried Megazorb, easibed, newspaper and the only thing she will wee on is shavings:oops:

PinkBun
16-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Just opened the door to let her have free range :3

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q737/Caroline_Wake/3767_119189034919776_826668151_n_zpsc50bf438.jpg

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q737/Caroline_Wake/205916_119189151586431_1963645076_n_zps97331a7c.jp g

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q737/Caroline_Wake/3811_119188938253119_846534454_n_zps3c195f2a.jpg

PinkBun
16-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Will upload more later, sorry for c*ap quality, blackberry camera.

Justine
16-01-2013, 06:26 PM
How much time does she have out running around? I'm not having a go but it's really not big enough. Could you buy a pen to go around it?

wendle
16-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Its lovely that you brought her inside but couldn't you leave that box open so she can hop in and out its not very deep either to keep her fastened inside but she's a gorgeous bunny :love::love:

PinkBun
16-01-2013, 06:29 PM
She is allowed out all the time, she is running around now:3

Aly&Poppy<3
16-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Is that a zoozone 1? If so it's not really big enough for a guinea pig, let alone a rabbit. They are 72cm long I think. I agree with Justine about a pen, although the zz's don't have doors so with a playpen it could be used as a litter tray.

wendle
16-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Sorry then I thought you said you had just opened the door to let her have free range

Justine
16-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Is that a zoozone 1? If so it's not really big enough for a guinea pig, let alone a rabbit. They are 72cm long I think. I agree with Justine about a pen, although the zz's don't have doors so with a playpen it could be used as a litter tray.

I was thinking she could use a pen and take the top off the cage to use as a bed/litter tray.

bethepoet
16-01-2013, 06:32 PM
If it's just a bed/litter tray that's a perfect size. Wouldn't close her in it though.

PinkBun
16-01-2013, 06:36 PM
I have no idea what it is, it's from a charity shop:oops:
She's out now though so not locked in at all!

Justine
16-01-2013, 06:37 PM
I can't remember the site I bought my puppy pen from It was a really good price. Any Ideas people?

PinkBun
16-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I can't remember the site I bought my puppy pen from It was a really good price. Any Ideas people?

She has full run of all downstairs:)

helen01
16-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I have no idea what it is, it's from a charity shop:oops:
She's out now though so not locked in at all!

Do you need to have a pen for her or will she be okay free ranging?

PinkBun
16-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Do you need to have a pen for her or will she be okay free ranging?

She's fine free ranging:)xx

wendle
16-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Aww that's good then that she free ranges all the time I thought you fastened her in that box :wave:

helen01
She's fine free ranging:)xx

I'm seriously thinking about bringing Poppy in. I'm allergic to hay and rabbit fur which is whats stopping me but it just seems too cold. She seems quite happy though but Im worried:oops:

PinkBun
I'm seriously thinking about bringing Poppy in. I'm allergic to hay and rabbit fur which is whats stopping me but it just seems too cold. She seems quite happy though but Im worried:oops:

I say bring her in;)
xxx

Aly&Poppy<3
16-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Yeah it's a zoozone 1 - this is a zz2 and 1m long. I have my syrian hamster in a zoozone 2 which is the dark blue.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j420/alyysha1/IMAG2270.jpg

If she has constant access to the outside then it's fine but if not then I would try and find a puppy pen.

wendle
16-01-2013, 06:48 PM

If she's alone bunny I would bring her in I used to love my house bunny and I have asthma hehe xx

PinkBun
16-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Yeah it's a zoozone 1, this ones 1m long. I have my syrian hamster in a zoozone 2 which is the dark blue.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j420/alyysha1/IMAG2270.jpg

If she has constant access to the outside then it's fine but if not then I would try and find a puppy pen.

That's really nice :D

Aly&Poppy<3
16-01-2013, 06:50 PM

Rabbits were made for cold weather, they're very hardy animals, but if you can accommodate her until spring then go for it. Find inspiration in the indoor housing section :) it's -4 here at the moment and both of my rabbits are sitting in the run, they're cold to touch but warm under their fluff.

PinkBun
16-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Rabbits were made for cold weather, they're very hardy animals, but if you can accommodate her until spring then go for it. Find inspiration in the indoor housing section :) it's -4 here at the moment and both of my rabbits are sitting in the run, they're cold to touch but warm under their fluff.

Your bunny's are beautiful!:love:

helen01
16-01-2013, 06:57 PM

I'm not too worried about housing she can have run of the house, I've got gates on all the rooms the dogs arent allowed in so she can have a base in one of those. I'm more worried that Im allergic to her and need to put her outside before spring or that she hates it inside and I cant put her out again:?

She has a lovely warm base in her shed and has loads of blankets inside so I think she will be okay. She seems happy though :love:

Peterbunny
16-01-2013, 07:00 PM
If she's alone bunny I would bring her in I used to love my house bunny and I have asthma hehe xx

I've brought peter in and I have asthma and hayallergy. I just couldn't
Handle the thought of him out there alone in the snow.
My hubby thinks he's only in for the spring.....erm...;)

Liz47
16-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Wow, that's a fab bargain for a hamster cage! And also a bunny litter tray/base for a free ranging bun :thumb:

Justine
16-01-2013, 08:56 PM
This is the pen I bought. Very well made, good quality.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/runs_fencing/73280/8_sided/95235

wendle
16-01-2013, 08:58 PM

Haha my hubby thought my lily was only inside till I got her a new hutch and she stayed inside 4 years but sadly she passed away last February in my arms xxx

susie bun
16-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Lovely to see Snowy photos. I hope she enjys hopping about indoors.

Lynn's Bunny
16-01-2013, 11:10 PM
I'm not too worried about housing she can have run of the house, I've got gates on all the rooms the dogs arent allowed in so she can have a base in one of those. I'm more worried that Im allergic to her and need to put her outside before spring or that she hates it inside and I cant put her out again:?

She has a lovely warm base in her shed and has loads of blankets inside so I think she will be okay. She seems happy though :love:

Honestly I wouldn't bring her inside due to your allergies because if you did have to put her back out what would you do? Maybe wait until it's spring/summer and try her inside and see how you feel. Then if your allergies are too bad you can easily put her back outside.

I hope I don't sound like a downer. I just have a lot of allergies and wanted my bunnies inside too but I only made myself sick while they were fine outside. :wave:

RubyTed
16-01-2013, 11:18 PM
You said that you
just opened her door to let her have free range

Surely that means that she's shut in there at least some of the time. I'm sorry but that "cage" is about the right size for a hamster......nothing bigger. To shut her in it at all is cruel. If she's properly free range downstairs then I'd take the plastic "lid" off as she'll find it hard to jump in and out as needed.

Whilst she's settling in I'd watch out for the dog and cat. It's not fair to have them in her space if she's not used to it. Never leave them alone together....not even for a minute....as you don't know how they'll react. It only takes a second for a dog/cat to kill a bun, even if they don't mean to.

I agree with what's been said about sawdust, so that's something to think about. The hay looks like it smells lovely!! :love:

helen01
16-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Honestly I wouldn't bring her inside due to your allergies because if you did have to put her back out what would you do? Maybe wait until it's spring/summer and try her inside and see how you feel. Then if your allergies are too bad you can easily put her back outside.

I hope I don't sound like a downer. I just have a lot of allergies and wanted my bunnies inside too but I only made myself sick while they were fine outside. :wave:

I'm leaving her where she is...Thank you :wave: I've been and checked on her and shes quite happy and warm. I honestly dont think she would like it inside, and my allergies do bear into that as well. I have 5 dogs inside and also 2 cats so she is better in a lovely big shed. She was a stray who was found by someone who tried to keep her as a house bun but she chewed through wires, was electrocuted and then handed over to p@h. She is happy in our company but really isnt 'tame', she'll come for treats etc but I think she wouldn't like it inside with us all here.

RogerRabbit999
17-01-2013, 02:32 AM

I can vouch for this and now have 4!!

RogerRabbit999
17-01-2013, 02:36 AM

I used to have all these allergies and had tried absolutely everything, and then discovered acupunture. Now I only need a session once every couple of years or so, and don't take any meds now either. Have you tried it? Believe me it really does work.

Lynn's Bunny
17-01-2013, 03:38 AM
I used to have all these allergies and had tried absolutely everything, and then discovered acupunture. Now I only need a session once every couple of years or so, and don't take any meds now either. Have you tried it? Believe me it really does work.

You know.. yes I really need to try this acupunture. I have heard so many good things about it. Perhaps, it would even help my sinus pain?

Thanks for reminding me to check into this. :D

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 10:29 AM
You said that you

Surely that means that she's shut in there at least some of the time. I'm sorry but that "cage" is about the right size for a hamster......nothing bigger. To shut her in it at all is cruel. If she's properly free range downstairs then I'd take the plastic "lid" off as she'll find it hard to jump in and out as needed.

Whilst she's settling in I'd watch out for the dog and cat. It's not fair to have them in her space if she's not used to it. Never leave them alone together....not even for a minute....as you don't know how they'll react. It only takes a second for a dog/cat to kill a bun, even if they don't mean to.

I agree with what's been said about sawdust, so that's something to think about. The hay looks like it smells lovely!! :love:

I concur :thumb::thumb:

The cage is the size I'd take to the vets as a carrier. Nothing more :cry:

bunnybabbitsboing
17-01-2013, 10:35 AM
You said that you

I agree. I rescued a lionhead rabbit that had lived in a cage like that for 3 years. I then used the cage for a syrian hamster, who was very happy with it :)

Justine
17-01-2013, 10:44 AM
I can foresee muscle wastage and damaged spine and alsorts happening here. I'm sorry but you cannot even use this as a night time cage.

Kermit
17-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Is she ever locked in the cage? If not then all is good :)

How did she get on in the house overnight?

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 11:14 AM
morning all,

Snowy enjoys being inside, she's been free roaming all morning with me watching her so she's snug and warm.

ripminnie
17-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi :wave: i'm glad Snowy is enjoying herself :) i would have a look on ebay though and try to find something bigger for her cage. She can't be shut in that hamster cage any longer than about an hour, she wouldn't even be able to stand up on her back legs :(

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Hi :wave: i'm glad Snowy is enjoying herself :) i would have a look on ebay though and try to find something bigger for her cage. She can't be shut in that hamster cage any longer than about an hour, she wouldn't even be able to stand up on her back legs :(

She's not shut in! She was for about 2 hours while she was settling in but is was out from 7-10pm last night and from 6am today xo

RogerRabbit999
17-01-2013, 11:32 AM
You know.. yes I really need to try this acupunture. I have heard so many good things about it. Perhaps, it would even help my sinus pain?

Thanks for reminding me to check into this. :D

It really will do. I honestly could do believe how well it worked and was very scepticle of it (not sure if that is spelt right?) On my first session, I had to be driven there, could hardly breathe, and in a terrible state, could hardly make it up the stairs, but an hour or so later, was a completely different story. It was just amazing. It isn't especially painful, but it is uncomfortable, and I didn't like the pins in my face, but on the other hand, where the pins went in, it was like some blockage being opened up and everything seemed to just flow out of my system if that makes sense. It is just brilliant and you will never regret trying it. I was so severe with allergies, couldn't drive, work, even had to have help looking after house and my baby, but it gave me my life back, and have never been like that since. People say it doesn't or shouldn't hurt, but actually if you don't feel the pins going in, then they are not in the right place and it will not work, but the discomfort I felt was a small price to pay for getting my life back. Good Luck.

Jaysmonkey
She's not shut in! She was for about 2 hours while she was settling in but is was out from 7-10pm last night and from 6am today xo

She's in it 8 hours then ?:(

Elena

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding but doesnt that mean she was shut in it from 10-6? Bunnies are crepuscular, their active periods tend to be around dawn and dust. Mine are often active at around 11ish and around 6ish so that is the time they need to have lots of space.

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 11:33 AM
She's in it 8 hours then ?:(

Yes, while we were in bed.

Justine
17-01-2013, 11:33 AM

So she was shut in from 10pm - 6am....8 hours, which is unacceptable. It is a hamster cage.

Elena
17-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Have you seen this? http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?304613-Indoor-Housing

That amount of space is what's needed ALL the time, especially overnight for the reasons I mentioned in my last post.

Jackaroonie
17-01-2013, 11:34 AM
I agree with what others have been saying , I would never dream of putting my bunnies in that hamster cage even for a vet trip, are you able to get a playpen then take the lid off that cage and use it as a litter tray for her?

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 11:36 AM
I'll just leave her in her hutch then, mum says we're not buying a pen -.-
So i'll put her back in the hutch.

Justine
17-01-2013, 11:36 AM
I agree with what others have been saying , I would never dream of putting my bunnies in that hamster cage even for a vet trip, are you able to get a playpen then take the lid off that cage and use it as a litter tray for her?

I gave a link in a previous post for a cheap puppy pen but it doesn't look like she's going for it.

Elena
17-01-2013, 11:38 AM
I'll just leave her in her hutch then, mum says we're not buying a pen -.-
So i'll put her back in the hutch.

How long has she been indoors? It's not good to keep chopping and changing especially as it's so cold at the moment, the temperature change can bring on snuffles and infections.

ETA. Just seen it was yesterday you bought her in, hopefully she'll be ok. I'd pack out the hutch with lots of hay for a few days so she can snuggle in it and keep warm.

Lady Logamorph
17-01-2013, 11:38 AM
I agree with the others the cage is designed for hamsters and is very small and far to small...your rabbit will be very squished in it even just overnight. The puppy playpens are really cheap you should get one of ebay for about 25 then you can take the lid off the cage you have bought and that could be your bunnies litter tray. Mine have this inside and I open the door in the morning and when I get home from work so they get to play in the dining room for about 5 hours a day.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8340/8225724071_ae978ec099.jpg

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 11:39 AM
She's only been in 1 night and it was unfair on her so she'll go outside now. Mum says the pens are too expensive, so she thinks it's easier for her to go back into the hutch x

Lady Logamorph
17-01-2013, 11:43 AM
She's only been in 1 night and it was unfair on her so she'll go outside now. Mum says the pens are too expensive, so she thinks it's easier for her to go back into the hutch x

the pens are only about 30 I would call that cheap!

You could always look on ebay and see if you can pick up a second hand one in your area though :thumb:

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 11:43 AM

What are you going to do with the hamster cage? might be worth seeing if anyone on here wants it for a hamster? Totally up to you though x

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 11:44 AM
the pens are only about 30 I would call that cheap!

You could always look on ebay and see if you can pick up a second hand one in your area though :thumb:

Mum wants her outside, so that's where she is going.
Sorry all, thanks for your help

JemimaH
17-01-2013, 11:45 AM
sorry it didn't work out with Snowy inside, but to be honest that cage is too small on it's own and if your mum won't buy her a pen then it's better for her to be outside! I *personally* feel some of these replies have been a bit 'strong' and I really hope it hasn't upset you or anything! Could you maybe save up for a pen yourself so then you can have her inside? :wave: xx

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 11:45 AM
What are you going to do with the hamster cage? might be worth seeing if anyone on here wants it for a hamster? Totally up to you though x

Probably keeping it for a hamster in the future.

Aly&Poppy<3
17-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Probably keeping it for a hamster in the future.

They're suitable for syrians but it needs meshing with the small squared mesh. You can fit 12 inch flying saucers in for syrians but not so much upright wheels. It doesn't leave that much room then for toys, digging substrate etc. I find they are more suited to dwarves. I would still mesh it though just in case.

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 11:48 AM
They're suitable for syrians but it needs meshing with the small squared mesh. You can fit 12 inch flynig saucers in for syrians but not so much upright wheels. I find they are more suited to dwarves. I would still mesh it though just in case.

Won't be for a few years yet hehe :)

Lady Logamorph
17-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Mum wants her outside, so that's where she is going.
Sorry all, thanks for your help

Mums always have the final say don't they :lol:

She will be used to outside anyway and I have 2 buns outside and they are perfectly happy. You could still bring her in for runs around though occasionally I let my outside buns inside sometimes.

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Mums always have the final say don't they :lol:

She will be used to outside anyway and I have 2 buns outside and they are perfectly happy. You could still bring her in for runs around though occasionally I let my outside buns inside sometimes.

She's still running around the house now so i'll put her out later :lol: mum's eh :')

cpayne
17-01-2013, 12:39 PM
That's a shame it didn't work out. I always think it's nice to have two buns if they are outside and one is OK if it's indoors with human company a lot. Guess that another bun for company and to snuggle with would be out the question!!

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 12:41 PM
That's a shame it didn't work out. I always think it's nice to have two buns if they are outside and one is OK if it's indoors with human company a lot. Guess that another bun for company and to snuggle with would be out the question!!

Yeah, there's not enough room in her hutch and plus she isn't spayed or vaccinated and it would endanger them both xx

cpayne
17-01-2013, 12:41 PM

Did you try just having the p@h timothy hay or the wilkinsons timothy? I just wondered if had helped you rather than the hay4pets on that sets me off sneezing and bad asthma.

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm a bit worried about putting her out though as last night I got her waterbottle and it was frozen solid, the tube so she can drink snapped off and her hutch door wouldn't open it was completely frozen!! I don't think she'd have been with us this morning if i'd left her in tbh

Aly&Poppy<3
17-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Of course she would be, unless she's ill or something and can't regulate her body temperature. If she is inside any longer and then put outside then it would be risky. You can keep her in the coldest room in the house and it still wouldn't match what it is outside. Rabbits were built to survive cold weather.

My pair may be in a shed but it's more or less the same temp in there as it is outside because of the amount of space there is going up. Lots of air space. Their bowl freezes nearly solid in the night, as does their bottle, I just try and keep them defrosted but they don't drink much in the night anyway. Can you give her a bowl too? I find the metal bottle ends freeze first.

My old hutch door would freeze shut too because the wet from snow or whatever would stay on the wood (even though it had a cover) I would just get some warm water and wipe it down, it usually made it easier. Most of the time I just used brute force.

cpayne
17-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Can't you bring the hutch indoors? My hutch that Doughnut is in is an outdoor one and I've added a play pen so she has more room to run around when I'm at work.

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Not a chance of the hutch coming inside, mum's barely tolerating Snowy being in now. She's very much a 'neat freak' haha!
Ideally i'd buy her a pen and put the 'cage' in and let her roam but money's tight.

She's now back in her cage so i'm definitely putting her into hutch this afternoon!

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 01:13 PM
If you decide to keep her in, you can't keep her in that cage. I'm sorry, it would be cruel to do so.

How old are you Pinkbun? Were you not saving for a new hutch at some point? if so a pen is only 25.00 ish and that's a smidgen of the cost of a hutch and would be suitable indoor accommodation for the time being.

Like Alycia said though Snowy would have been fine as bunnies are hardy little things with the weather.:)

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 01:16 PM
I'm 16 and still jobhunting, haha!
Money is an issue hence why I was happy about getting the 10 cage. I'd love to keep her in but obviously it isn't fair on her:oops:

Jackaroonie
17-01-2013, 01:18 PM
is she vaccinated or spayed at all? how big is her hutch?

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 01:19 PM
is she vaccinated or spayed at all? how big is her hutch?

Not vaccinated or spayed, she is my first bun and is now 5, so I didn't know alot about rabbits when I bought her!
Don't know on measurements.. it's like..

http://www.rabbithutch.org.uk/img/rabbit-hutch-on-legs_2787_300.jpg

natsusakura
17-01-2013, 01:20 PM
You could do what I did with angel when I first got her.
I had her in my room in a ferplast cage.
i left the door open and had my room bunny proofed.
She used the cage as a litter tray and place to eat hay etc.
If you take the plastic bit off that cage you could do the same?
Then if your mum is still a bit fussy you can just say that you'll make sure she doesn't leave the room and you take responsibility for her mess etc. And you clean it?

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 01:22 PM
You could do what I did with angel when I first got her.
I had her in my room in a ferplast cage.
i left the door open and had my room bunny proofed.
She used the cage as a litter tray and place to eat hay etc.
If you take the plastic bit off that cage you could do the same?
Then if your mum is still a bit fussy you can just say that you'll make sure she doesn't leave the room and you take responsibility for her mess etc. And you clean it?

Tried it, but she still yells at me for having her out, so it's sneakily time out and then put back -.-

Jackaroonie
17-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Not vaccinated or spayed, she is my first bun and is now 5, so I didn't know alot about rabbits when I bought her!
Don't know on measurements.. it's like..

http://www.rabbithutch.org.uk/img/rabbit-hutch-on-legs_2787_300.jpg

Are you able to get some financial help to get her vaccinated and spayed? like the Pdsa? as at her age she's at a very high risk of uterine cancer x

natsusakura
17-01-2013, 01:23 PM
it would be a cheaper option, as if the hutch isn't big enough for 2 buns then its not big enough for one.
Not trying to make you feel bad, I know its frustrating when your parents dictate what happens with pets.
I just think its a shame that your mum won't listen to you when you're trying to do your research and that :( xx

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Meh, mum's always been like this. I had to argue and run away before she let me keep Shadow!!
I don't want to put her back, but it's unfair her been in.

Any suggestions?

JTA: I know she has a high risk of cancer now, Mum has already said no to neutering and jabs which I know is illegal.. So again, i'm sorry

xxx

natsusakura
17-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Tried it, but she still yells at me for having her out, so it's sneakily time out and then put back -.-

I think you need to sit down with your mum and have a proper conversation.
Say that you really want to improve snowys quality of life as its not fair, and if she won't help with vaccs and spaying then getting a friend and better hutch/run etc then you'd rather she was a house bunny so she can get the company she needs.
Look on here for ideas on indoor housing, or just do what I did.
If your worried about accidents then you can put newspaper down or puppy pads and thatl protect the carpet/floor.
And save up any pocket money etc to help improve things, like getting her vaccs first before a spay.
Then maybe you're mum will see your taking responsibility? And treat you more like an adult.

Kayaksteph
17-01-2013, 01:29 PM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Dog-Puppy-Pet-Rabbit-Guinea-Pig-Metal-Play-Pen-Playpen-With-Net-S-M-L-XL-/221016084837?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=&hash=item337595d165

We have just bought one like this off of ebay for Lola. We are starting to extend the room she is getting now. :D

Kayaksteph
17-01-2013, 01:32 PM
I agree with the others the cage is designed for hamsters and is very small and far to small...your rabbit will be very squished in it even just overnight. The puppy playpens are really cheap you should get one of ebay for about 25 then you can take the lid off the cage you have bought and that could be your bunnies litter tray. Mine have this inside and I open the door in the morning and when I get home from work so they get to play in the dining room for about 5 hours a day.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8340/8225724071_ae978ec099.jpg

Where did you get the beds from?

Lady Logamorph
17-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Awww I really feel for you I was forever arguing with my parents about pets. When I got my first bunny off a neighbour who didn't want it my dad made me give him away even though we had a chicken hutch with run attached that was empty. Eventually me and my mum found a home at ryber wildlife park and I used to think about him all the time and get so upset. That place was closed down for animal cruelty and most of the animals killed or sold. I was so hearbroken I never forgave my dad for that :cry:

Anyway your doing really well being responsible and wanting vacc, neutering etc your mums being the irresponsible one by not helping you out! Don't tell her that though :lol:

If you get pocket money I would save up and pay for it yourself or you could get a job in a pub waitressing or something I did when I was 15. If thats not an option how about selling some of your old stuff on ebay or doing a car boot sale or asking your mum/family/neighbours if you could do jobs for them for money. If your mum knows you are really serious and responsible then hopefully she will start and support you more. Also like the others have said speak to the RSPCA about getting a neutering/vacc voucher just say your family is on family tax credit or something.

Good luck though!

Lady Logamorph
17-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Where did you get the beds from?

from ikea http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40086351/

14 each but worth it mine use them alot

cpayne
17-01-2013, 01:42 PM
They are lovely, I think Doughnut would probably tiddle on it!

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Hello sweet,

A few things, your outdoor hutch if like that picture is also below par for what Snowy needs, I am very sorry to say. :(

I see from your signature you had another bunny Fudge? where did fudge live and whatever happened to him/her? I assume you had separate accommodation for the 2 bunnies?

Anyhow I would try sell the zoozone1 on ebay and get some money together to get money towards the accommodation Snowy deserves. Don't consider a hamster until Snowy has everything she needs. It is your duty and responsibility as her owner to do these things for her.:love:

Perhaps you could direct your mum to this forum? x

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Hello sweet,

A few things, your outdoor hutch if like that picture is also below par for what Snowy needs, I am very sorry to say. :(

I see from your signature you had another bunny Fudge? where did fudge live and whatever happened to him/her? I assume you had separate accommodation for the 2 bunnies?

Anyhow I would try sell the zoozone1 on ebay and get some money together to get money towards the accommodation Snowy deserves. Don't consider a hamster until Snowy has everything she needs. It is your duty and responsibility as her owner to do these things for her.:love:

Perhaps you could direct your mum to this forum? x

Hey,

Fudge grew into a rather large bun and died when she was 4. She lived in the hutch Snowy lives in now, which is too small for her so obviously tiny for Fudge.
What am i doing?!-.-

x

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Hey,

Fudge grew into a rather large bun and died when she was 4. She lived in the hutch Snowy lives in now, which is too small for her so obviously tiny for Fudge.
What am i doing?!-.-

x

Aha sorry, I was confused as you said Snowy was your first bunny, hence my assumption that you had them at the same time :oops:

xx

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Aha sorry, I was confused as you said Snowy was your first bunny, hence my assumption that you had them at the same time :oops:

xx

I did have them at the same time, we got Snowy first and Fudge a year later xx

Kayaksteph
17-01-2013, 01:52 PM
from ikea http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40086351/

14 each but worth it mine use them alot

Thank you. :)

cpayne
17-01-2013, 01:56 PM
I did have them at the same time, we got Snowy first and Fudge a year later xx

Where did they both live then? I'm getting confused!

I hope you manage to sort something out for Snowy as the hutch does look small. Hopefully you can try and let your mum know more of the needs of a rabbit since you are trying to do your best but obviously need a bit of financial help.

natsusakura
17-01-2013, 01:56 PM
I know!!! Sometimes people sell good sized 6ft hutches on freecycle or gumtree.
You could browse on there until something suitable came up and that would be a cheap way to get a good sized hutch.
No smaller than 6ft through,

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 02:00 PM
I will look into it,

Snowy had a smaller hutch when she was a baby and upgraded to fudge's when she died. xxx

cpayne
17-01-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm hoping your mum will change her mind and let her stay inside, then as a temporary solution you could saw the legs off the outside one and bring it in. It's still far too small for her but better than the cage.

wendle
17-01-2013, 02:03 PM
I saw one of those hutches in someone's garden near where I live , I stopped the car and walked up past the said garden but the little hutch was empty so me being me I went and knocked on the door and asked if I could buy it off them , she said I could have it for a tenner so I handed over the tenner the tiny hutch fitted in the boot of my fiesta so ya can see how small it was got it home chopped it up and burnt it :thumb:

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 02:05 PM
I saw one of those hutches in someone's garden near where I live , I stopped the car and walked up past the said garden but the little hutch was empty so me being me I went and knocked on the door and asked if I could buy it off them , she said I could have it for a tenner so I handed over the tenner the tiny hutch fitted in the boot of my fiesta so ya can see how small it was got it home chopped it up and burnt it :thumb:

ahah, nice!
I think i'll keep mine up;)

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Hello, if you can keep her inside I will buy you this cage and get it delivered to you. It's not great, but better than what you have and then you could buy a pen to attach to it?

Sorry I can't afford much more.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/rabbit_cage/120_cm_cages/83034

It is 119 x 59 x 47 cm

Whereas the indoor cage you have now is 72cm (28.25") L x 46cm (18") W x 32.5cm (12.75") H.

ETA they also sell http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/runs_fencing/73280/8_sided/184138 again not great but maybe you could afford this and attach it to the cage if I buy you it?

wendle
17-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Yes, while we were in bed.

:shock::cry::shock::cry:

cpayne
17-01-2013, 02:14 PM
That's really sweet of you, wouldn't it be better sawing the legs of the old one as that seems a better size.

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Hello, if you can keep her inside I will buy you this cage and get it delivered to you. It's not great, but better than what you have and then you could buy a pen to attach to it?

Sorry I can't afford much more.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/rabbit_cage/120_cm_cages/83034

It is 119 x 59 x 47 cm

Whereas the indoor cage you have now is 72cm (28.25") L x 46cm (18") W x 32.5cm (12.75") H.

Honey, I appreciate the offer but please don't spend money on us!! I do appreciate the offer but your bunny's will benefit more xxxx

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 02:16 PM
That's really sweet of you, wouldn't it be better sawing the legs of the old one as that seems a better size.

The old one was smaller xx

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 02:17 PM

I believe this cage is bigger than the zoozone1 and also the hutch pictured?

@Pinkbunny - I don't mind. I want Snowy to have it. x

measurements for the hutch pictured not cage 104 x 52 x 92 cm

So the cage I'm offering to buy for Snowy to us as a temporary base is bigger.

Meh I just want to help. I've looked on ebay/gumtree for Ilkley (think that's where you're from) and found nothing x

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 02:18 PM

I can't ask for that, sorry hun, but thank you!! X

Lady Logamorph
17-01-2013, 02:23 PM
They are lovely, I think Doughnut would probably tiddle on it!

mine pee on them i change the covers each day and wash them and have covered the wood base with plastic so it doesn't get ruined

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 02:24 PM

measurements for the hutch pictured not cage 104 x 52 x 92 cm

So the cage I'm offering to buy for Snowy to us as a temporary base is bigger.

Meh I just want to help. I've looked on ebay/gumtree for Ilkley (think that's where you're from) and found nothing x

From Skipton but already looked and found nothing :/ xx
I don't understand measurements :(

cpayne
17-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Have you got a tape measure or ruler to measure the old one, it looks to be two foot to me.

Lady Logamorph
17-01-2013, 02:30 PM
I think from what you have said PinkBun Snowy is best outside as your mum seems to prefer her there and doesn't want anything to big in the house. How about we all keep and eye out for a larger hutch and ask around and see if we can somehow arrange a larger hutch for you. I'm sure someone in or around your area must have a spare hutch that you could have. Unless someone has a run that you can attach to your hutch? You could saw the legs down a bit and somehow attach a run to it. Is there anyone in your family thats any good at carpentry that might help you?

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 02:32 PM
She thinks its unfair she's inside because she can't move but won't let her out?

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Well the offer is there if you change your mind :) I could maybe stretch to a hutch Just trying to find a good priced 6ft one I could get to you and within my limits :oops:

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Well the offer is there if you change your mind :) I could maybe stretch to a hutch Just trying to find a good priced 6ft one I could get to you and within my limits :oops:

I really appreciate this xx:oops:

I<3Rabbits
17-01-2013, 02:45 PM
I've been reading, I hope it doesn't seem like I'm butting in , if so just tell me to go away :D but if you don't mind me asking where do you live, I'm happy to look on free cycle and gum tree :)

wendle
17-01-2013, 02:46 PM
I've been reading, I hope it doesn't seem like I'm butting in , if so just tell me to go away :D but if you don't mind me asking where do you live, I'm happy to look on free cycle and gum tree :)

Skipton I think she said :wave:

I<3Rabbits
17-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Skipton I think she said :wave:

Ok now looking:D

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 02:53 PM
I already looked, nothing on freeads, gumtree or ebay in the area. Have bought the cage for Snowy it's 119cm length, by 59cm width and 47cm high. Granted it's not brilliant, but it's bigger than her outdoor hutch and the Zoozone1 by some way.

It also has an entrance door unlike the zoozone1, so will be easier for Snowy to get in and out of when free ranging.

Before anyone has a go, I have been advised to go ahead and buy for snowy by Pinkbun and it is going direct to her. xx

I<3Rabbits
17-01-2013, 02:55 PM
I already looked, nothing on freeads, gumtree or ebay in the area. Have bought the cage for Snowy it's 119cm length, by 59cm width and 47cm high. Granted it's not brilliant, but it's bigger than her outdoor hutch and the Zoozone1 by some way.

It also has an entrance door unlike the zoozone1, so will be easier for Snowy to get in and out of when free ranging.

Before anyone has a go, I have been advised to go ahead and buy for snowy by Pinkbun and it is going direct to her. xx

Ohh okay then :D that's so kind of you.

cpayne
17-01-2013, 02:55 PM
I certainly wouldn't have a go, I think it's lovely what you have done. Yes it's not ideal but everyone knows that and it is certainly a lot better, especially if there is alot of out time.

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Oh I know I just meant that I wasn't pushing Pinkbun to keep Snowy indoors by buying her the cage :oops:

If she's out from 6am to 10pm it should be substantial for now, but hopefully can get a pen to attach too for night-time access :)

Hope it arrives soon, though think it will be after weekend now as it's Thursday xx

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Thank you JaysMonkey, I am so grateful! xx

cpayne
17-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Thank you JaysMonkey, I am so grateful! xx

Is your mum OK about you having her inside now?

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Is your mum OK about you having her inside now?

My mum is astounded by Jaysmonkey's generosity! She literally just said ' wow, what a lovely person '
The answer is yes ! Thank you xx

Amy104
17-01-2013, 03:09 PM
' wow, what a lovely person '

I agree. Such a thoughtful thing to do Jaysmonkey.

Kermit
17-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Wow, super kind JM!

Hope the cage gets there quickly, you must show us pics once it comes.

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Wow, super kind JM!

Hope the cage gets there quickly, you must show us pics once it comes.

I will for definite! I don't understand the measurements so can somebody tell me if snowy will be able to move in it or not? Or how big it'll be compared to the other one? X

I'm so so gratefulx

Aly&Poppy<3
17-01-2013, 03:17 PM
The zoozone 1 is 72cm long, the one Stef has bought you is just under 1.2m long (119cm) She will be able to move and stand up in it almost properly.

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Aww no worries. But there's more than me helping Snowy. The lovely wendle is sending me money to buy a pen to go with the cage :love::love:

Hehe! Aww yay! :love:

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Aww no worries. But there's more than me helping Snowy. The lovely wendle is sending me money to buy a pen to go with the cage :love::love:

Hehe! Aww yay! :love:

Nonono!!!!
I don't need anything else, I'm lucky for this honestly please don't buy anymore.

I<3Rabbits
17-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Maybe you could try and show your mum the sticky about housing a rabbit, and she might agree with letting your dear rabbit having abit more room, maybe in your room, if you go on ebay and look up puppy pens you can get them as cheap as 20 with free p&p, that could go round the cage that JM has got you. You could save money, try and sell the zoozone ,do some little jobs for family and friends for a thew pound a time. I really thinks you should try and have a proper discussion to your mum and show her this forum.:D

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Maybe you could try and show your mum the sticky about housing a rabbit, and she might agree with letting your dear rabbit having abit more room, maybe in your room, if you go on ebay and look up puppy pens you can get them as cheap as 20 with free p&p, that could go round the cage that JM has got you. You could save money, try and sell the zoozone ,do some little jobs for family and friends for a thew pound a time. I really thinks you should try and have a proper discussion to your mum and show her this forum.:D

I have been reading out everybody's comments and i'm trying to educate her on rabbit care! Yayayay!

bethepoet
17-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Couldn't you sell the hutch and zoozone? You don't need either now, and it should make up the bulk of what you need for a pen. If you sell them on here you know they will be used only as bases and not as full accommodation.

Jaysmonkey you are lovely, as are you Wendle :wave:

Kermit
17-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Nonono!!!!
I don't need anything else, I'm lucky for this honestly please don't buy anymore.

I know you may feel that you really don't want to take it but it is to help Snowy so it can only be a good outcome :)

Aly&Poppy<3
17-01-2013, 03:25 PM
I hope you can have her in the house full time now Sammy :love: the kindness of Stef and Wendle is amazing :love: I wish I could help too but I just spent 60 on a new hamster cage!

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 03:26 PM
She will be inside now, thank you so much. I can't accept the pen though the cage is more than enough , please use the money to spoil your buns xxx

I<3Rabbits
17-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Couldn't you sell the hutch and zoozone? You don't need either now, and it should make up the bulk of what you need for a pen. If you sell them on here you know they will be used only as bases and not as full accommodation.

Jaysmonkey you are lovely, as are you Wendle :wave:
That's a great ides, you could get 20-30 and that's enough for a puppy pen.

happysaz133
17-01-2013, 03:28 PM

Sorry, but that's really not acceptable :( you need to find something bigger for her.

EDIT: Just read the rest of the thread, what a very lucky bunny Snowy is now :) Hopefully soon you can attach a pen and then she will be much happier.

wendle
17-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Hopefully the pen will be on its way too for happy snowy :love:

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 03:31 PM
We now have this on their way to Snowy http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/rabbit_cage/120_cm_cages/83034

and this pen to attach courtesy of the lovely wendle :love: http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/runs_fencing/73280/8_sided/95235

So yay! :D

natsusakura
Sorry, but that's really not acceptable :( you need to find something bigger for her.

have a read of the most recent comments..

PinkBun
Hopefully the pen will be on its way too for happy snowy :love:

Please don't buy the pen!!!!! I am ecstatic with the cage!! Please spend the money on your own buns or treat yourself, i'm grateful and I appreciate the offer but the cage is more than enough xxx

Aly&Poppy<3
17-01-2013, 03:32 PM
She will be inside now, thank you so much. I can't accept the pen though the cage is more than enough , please use the money to spoil your buns xxx

It's all to benefit Snowy ;) the cage might be bigger than the one you have now but on it's own it's still not big enough.

If you go onto /join hamster central and contact a MOD they might be able to help you with selling the zoozone, a lot of people look for them for their hamsters on there.

I<3Rabbits
Read the last 6 pages:) everything's nearly all sorted:thumb:

wendle
have a read of the most recent comments..

:thumb::thumb:

Kermit
Fan-blinking-tastic :):) Well done both of you :)

wendle
17-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Please don't buy the pen!!!!! I am ecstatic with the cage!! Please spend the money on your own buns or treat yourself, i'm grateful and I appreciate the offer but the cage is more than enough xxx

It's all on its way now so you and snowy enjoy :love:

happysaz133
17-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Read the last 6 pages:) everything's nearly all sorted:thumb:

Yes I was after I posted it. All good :)

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Thank you so so so so so so so so so so so so much everybody, I cannot tell you how much this means to Snowy and I. I'm seriously flabbergasted, and my mother is grateful too.

Thank you all, you're amazing!!
<3<3<3

Kermit
17-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Thank you so so so so so so so so so so so so much everybody, I cannot tell you how much this means to Snowy and I. I'm seriously flabbergasted, and my mother is grateful too.

Thank you all, you're amazing!!
<3<3<3

There are some lovely people on RU!

Aly&Poppy<3
17-01-2013, 03:38 PM
:love: can't wait for pictures of her enjoying her new home! Zooplus is usually pretty quick delivery wise, will probably be Tuesday yours get to you :)

I<3Rabbits
17-01-2013, 03:39 PM
So the pen and cage are on the way, JM's and wendle your so very kind. When everything's here and set up show us lots of pictures:D

Kermit
17-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Zooplus are usually pretty quick with deliveries so fingers crossed :)

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Yes!! Pictures are definite :D I'm so excited :D

Wow, thank you everybody , you're all brilliant!

cpayne
17-01-2013, 03:42 PM
That is so lovely of everyone. I wish I could help but I now have medical bills for Doughnut of over 1,000 so just can't afford it.

I'm pleased your mum is now being educated about rabbits. I didn't have a clue when I got Doughnut but it is a learning curve and there are lots of people on here who are great at advising.

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 03:43 PM
I hope Doughnut is ok! :o

Lady Logamorph
17-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Jaysmonkey and Wendle what a nice gesture. PinkBun don't worry about it a lot of us are older and want to help out. People do that on here and we all understand your situation being 16 and having to rely on parents and you are doing really well trying your best for Snowy, you show a lot of maturity doing your best and researching about rabbit care.

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Jaysmonkey and Wendle what a nice gesture. PinkBun don't worry about it a lot of us are older and want to help out. People do that on here and we all understand your situation being 16 and having to rely on parents and you are doing really well trying your best for Snowy, you show a lot of maturity doing your best and researching about rabbit care.

That's a really lovely post, I am trying my best for Snowy and I didn't realize how wrong I was with most of the stuff I had for Snowy. But I am so so happy and I really appreciate everybody's help and offering me knowledge on how to help Snowy have a great life xxxx

Janey
17-01-2013, 03:51 PM
There are some amazing people on this forum, I am astounded at the generosity!! So very kind!!

BeeBee
17-01-2013, 03:53 PM
JM and Wendle what lovely wonderful people you both are.

Pinkbun - it is brilliant you are trying to research and I don't want to come across rude in any way but please make sure you listen to the advice that you are given. I appreciate you are and you are trying to do the best for Snowy I can see that. I may be mistaken but previously advise was given and not listened to to my knowledge.

We are all human and make mistakes, we all have to learn somehow and it's brilliant you are doing all you can in the position you are in

Hope snowy will be happy in her new indoor area :)

bethepoet
17-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Just spaying and vaccinating to tackle now :shock:

Any further forward with your mother? After all this generosity maybe she's feeling a bit softer?

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Discussing it!
Do you think the vets will do it for a 5 year old? :)

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Discussing it!
Do you think the vets will do it for a 5 year old? :)

They will indeed :) xx

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 04:04 PM
YAY! Will try and persuade her now then :D xx

bethepoet
17-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Maybe you could show her a plan for how you're going to pay for it? Tell her you'll sell the hutch and zoozone, you'll do chores etc etc. Personally spaying would be first priority for me, she's at that age where it's becoming more and more likely. Plus as she's an indoor rabbit, there is a smaller chance of her catching anything. But obviously vaccinating is still something to be aiming for in the future. Hope you manage to sort this last hurdle out.

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 04:11 PM
The good thing about vaccinating now as opposed to previously is that in general the combi is cheaper and annual, where before single vaccines were costly are Myxi was twice a year minimum.

I'm so happy for you and Snowy. :love:

wendle
17-01-2013, 04:11 PM
The good thing about vaccinating now as opposed to previously is that in general the combi is cheaper and annual, where before single vaccines were costly are Myxi was twice a year minimum.

:love::love:

bethepoet
17-01-2013, 04:12 PM

That's true. I'm taking Harriet and Alfie for the combined tomorrow and it's only going to cost me 35.

cpayne
17-01-2013, 04:13 PM
I would ring a couple of vets to get prices, so you know what cost you are looking at as different vets charge different amounts. Also you want to make sure they have a lot of experience with spaying rabbits.

There's lots of advice on here on that when you come to get it done. Most have had their rabbits spayed if they are not planning on having a litter. I got Doughnut and she's on her own but just want to prolong her life as much as possible.

Elena
17-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Aw JM and wendle, how lovely :thumb:

Amy & Amber
17-01-2013, 04:44 PM
:love::love::love:

Fab news, how generous are people on the forum? :D:D:D:D:D:D

Gemmapookie
17-01-2013, 04:46 PM
:love::love::love::D:D:D

dutchbunny
17-01-2013, 04:52 PM

I could not picture my buns being outside. I love waking up in the morning and their little faces are there to greet me.

JemimaH
17-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Once again, total strangers come together and show their amazing generosity! Jaysmonkey and Wendle you are absolute stars! Snowy is going to be a VERY lucky bun! I can't wait for pictures!:love:

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 05:01 PM
I can't believe how generous people are, I can't help feeling like i'm a freeloader though :/ I should be able to pay for all this stuff myself but I thought what I had was big enough:oops::oops: I'm sorry guys xx

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Please don't apologise. You're certainly not a free loader. I just wanted to help as does everyone. I knew you didn't have the money and since I did and also the chance to improve a little bunny's life, i took up that opportunity. :) Apologies for dodgy typing, I'm on my phone on train now :) xx

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Please don't apologise. You're certainly not a free loader. I just wanted to help as does everyone. I knew you didn't have the money and since I did and also the chance to improve a little bunny's life, i took up that opportunity. :) Apologies for dodgy typing, I'm on my phone on train now :) xx

You're such a star, one day I will make it up to you!!! I am very grateful and i'm sure Snowy will be too;) xx

Jaysmonkey
17-01-2013, 05:09 PM
You owe me nothing lovely. I mean that :love:

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 05:10 PM
:love::love::love: :love:

You owe me nothing lovely. I mean that :love:

cpayne
17-01-2013, 05:11 PM
I can't believe how generous people are, I can't help feeling like i'm a freeloader though :/ I should be able to pay for all this stuff myself but I thought what I had was big enough:oops::oops: I'm sorry guys xx

Don't worry you didn't know. No one thinks bad of you. Everyone just wants to help, I'm sure we have all made mistakes with our rabbits.

Hopefully you will get a job and things will get easier for you. We all know jobs are hard to find!

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Don't worry you didn't know. No one thinks bad of you. Everyone just wants to help, I'm sure we have all made mistakes with our rabbits.

Hopefully you will get a job and things will get easier for you. We all know jobs are hard to find!

Trying!! But again, thank you to everyone who is helping, Snowy is currently snuggled down and chilling :love:

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
17-01-2013, 06:14 PM
JM and Wendle you are both absolute stars! :love: Such a kind thing for you both to do awww! :D

Don't feel bad Pink bun for keeping Snowy in the small cage for a couple of hours, some people have buns in cages smaller than that all the time not just 8 hours. :cry: You're doing your best to improve which is fab. x

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Thank you for everyone for not flipping at me xxx

Bunny Buddy
17-01-2013, 06:52 PM
What a lovely thread to read :love::love:

It's wonderful how much Snowy's life has been turned around from the generosity shown.:D

I would ring a couple of vets to get prices, so you know what cost you are looking at as different vets charge different amounts. Also you want to make sure they have a lot of experience with spaying rabbits.

There's not a huge choice of vets round here unfortunately. Pinkbun is in a quiet rural location. From knowing the vets in the area there are two good vet practices I've used, neither are hugely experienced/focused on rabbits.

Pinkbun, I've had rabbits neutered at the practice you've taken Shadow to and would be happy to recommend them. I know they have 24 hour nursing as well so if she needs to stay in there would be nurses there. The other vet practice a bit further away (Ashlands) does not have 24 hour nursing. Personally I would not choose to have a rabbit spayed where there wasn't the option of them being nursed overnight if (small chance) they needed it. I'd particularly take this into account for a rabbit over 5 years old as the operation may take a bit longer to do than on a young rabbit/recovery time might be a bit longer. Again for a rabbit over 5 I would want them done by a very experienced rabbit vet. Frances Harcourt-Brown (rabbit specialist) is only about 50 minutes away at Harrogate. If you did get the money together I'd be happy to take you/Snowy to/from Harrogate if you choose this option. It would be a lot more expensive though. Neutering bucks at Kingsway is about 65ish so spaying does is probably about 75/80. At Harrogate it's about 120 but that includes overnight nursing after the operation.

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 07:07 PM
What a lovely thread to read :love::love:

It's wonderful how much Snowy's life has been turned around from the generosity shown.:D

There's not a huge choice of vets round here unfortunately. Pinkbun is in a quiet rural location. From knowing the vets in the area there are two good vet practices I've used, neither are hugely experienced/focused on rabbits.

Pinkbun, I've had rabbits neutered at the practice you've taken Shadow to and would be happy to recommend them. I know they have 24 hour nursing as well so if she needs to stay in there would be nurses there. The other vet practice a bit further away (Ashlands) does not have 24 hour nursing. Personally I would not choose to have a rabbit spayed where there wasn't the option of them being nursed overnight if (small chance) they needed it. I'd particularly take this into account for a rabbit over 5 years old as the operation may take a bit longer to do than on a young rabbit/recovery time might be a bit longer. Again for a rabbit over 5 I would want them done by a very experienced rabbit vet. Frances Harcourt-Brown (rabbit specialist) is only about 50 minutes away at Harrogate. If you did get the money together I'd be happy to take you/Snowy to/from Harrogate if you choose this option. It would be a lot more expensive though. Neutering bucks at Kingsway is about 65ish so spaying does is probably about 75/80. At Harrogate it's about 120 but that includes overnight nursing after the operation.

Thanks for the offer it's nice to see another Skiptoner! :wave:
Wow, that's quite expensive!! Although Kingsway is overpriced;) I will have to look at Kingsway and see if they have any offers xx

tonibun
17-01-2013, 07:25 PM

I agree with this!

helen01
17-01-2013, 07:36 PM
This is a lovely thread and is really kind of people to help :love: Pinkbun I'm so pleased for you and Snowy :love:

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 07:39 PM
This is a lovely thread and is really kind of people to help :love: Pinkbun I'm so pleased for you and Snowy :love:

Thank you Helen, I still haven't really gotten over the generosity of the folk on here. You're all superstars!!! :wave:

helen01
17-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Thank you Helen, I still haven't really gotten over the generosity of the folk on here. You're all superstars!!! :wave:

Its nice seeing someone trying hard to improve things for their animals :D

PinkBun
17-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Its nice seeing someone trying hard to improve things for their animals :D

I wouldn't be able to do it without this forum:oops:
xx

biscandmatt1
17-01-2013, 07:57 PM
aw, this is lovely to read. snowy is going to be thrilled with the extra room. :love: can't wait to see pictures. :love:

alot of us have made mistakes with accommodation sizing etc, so don't worry. and parents can be a nightmare! :lol:

Mirth
17-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Just read this, how wonderful are people :love:

We've all made mistakes when keeping animals. I didn't have a clue about rabbits when my auntie gave me one, but I researched it and found out what to do. He was in a tiny hutch too and wasn't neutered or vaccinated. So even if they're small steps, it's still good and this thread does show you want what's best.

Maybe it'll make your mum realise that people care about animals and want to do the best for them, so the best for Snowy would be to be kept indoors over winter, to have a bigger hutch if she's going outside, or just letting her out in the day outside but inside for the rest of the time and get neutered and vaccinated. I'm glad you're trying to show your mum how much you care for her and learning more and more.

I've seen myxomatosis first hand and it's an awful, terrible slow and painful disease. Thankfully with this weather there's no rush, since it's spread by biting insects such as fleas and mosquitoes. So work on getting her neutered and spring time, if you mum doesn't think she should be vaccinated show her pictures if you can stomach it. A vaccinated rabbit has a better chance of survival than one that wasn't. It's pretty much no chance without vaccination and best to be pts as soon as possible.

LittleEskimo
17-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Oh gosh. Got a little tear in my eye reading this. Such generous people :love:

Don't fee like a freeloader, everyone just wants the best for you and Snowy :) And don't worry about getting the cage sizing wrong and stuff, we all learn from our mistakes. When my mum got Rosie she had her in a 2 foot long hutch I swear. It was tiny. But luckily we learnt and realised it really was far too small. Now my mum realises how important space is.

For a rabbit her age I would try to find the most experienced vet you can. It is expensive to spay but thankfully it is just a one off payment and Snowy will be able to live a life without worry of any cancer. Do you get any pocket money or anything like that? You could put away a little each month and it will all add up eventually. Or you could try splitting the costs with your mum, or asking a charity for help as I think they do that.

Vaccinations aren't too bad now they have gotten cheaper. Although it is a once a year thing. You have to hunt around for the best price though as some vets will rip you off. I got quoted 45 for one rabbit last year. That would have been 90 in total :shock: Luckily I found somewhere cheaper though so it is always worth looking

Can't wait to see pics of her new home :wave:

MissSherwood89
17-01-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm welling up a bit reading this, RU really is amazing! :love:

Aly&Poppy<3
17-01-2013, 09:25 PM
I had Poppy spayed at 4 years old and she is a sneezy bun, as long as you have a good vet everything should be fine :)

CookieCrisp
17-01-2013, 10:05 PM
what a lovely thread to read. I hope snowy enjoys her new home with lots of space. Also rabbits will learn to pee in the same place so your mum shouldn't worry about mess. I'm so happy I have a pen for mine.I also sit in the pen with them and let them grace around me.

jm and wendle - stars!

Beau Belle
17-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Amazing :thumb: The thing to do Pinkybun, is pay it forward. Jaysmonkey and Wendle did something amazing for you and Snowy out of their own free will. Next time someone needs help, give a bit of your time (it's not always about money) and support. xx

dutchbunny
18-01-2013, 09:43 AM
JM and Wendle, I want to hug you! What an amazing thing to do for PinkBun.
It just shows the world isnt all bad.

Picture me standing up and applauding you both.

Jaysmonkey
18-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Aww bless you guys :oops::love:

Just letting you know Pinkbum both cage and pen have been dispatched just now xxx

PinkBun
18-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Thank you all. I can't get over how amazing Jm and wendle are, you're all amazing for supporting me too!
Snowy will be ecstatic!! Thank you so much xxx

JemimaH
18-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Aww bless you guys :oops::love:

Just letting you know Pinkbum both cage and pen have been dispatched just now xxx

sorry but I had to laugh :oops:

Can't wait to see pictures of Snowy in her new setup! Also looking forward to the vlog tonight on youtube!

chelle
18-01-2013, 10:19 PM
JM and Wendle, I want to hug you! What an amazing thing to do for PinkBun.
It just shows the world isnt all bad.

Picture me standing up and applauding you both.

:thumb::love::love::love::love:me too - how wonderfully kind...not just the offer of advice, but the action taken to help when they dont perhaps have much options.:p:love:

I dont think Pinkbun should sell her hutch though....for if she managed to get a outdoor mesh run and attach to the hutch...it'll be a wonderful option for Snowy to use in the summer - for her to spend some time outdoors in the sunshine and have the breeze ruffle her fur....I think she'd still love to be outside and smell the outdoor smells and run on the grass etc. Just a thought for further down the line;)

(also had a giggle at the spelling "Pinkbum" hee heee:love:)

wendle
18-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Thank you all. I can't get over how amazing Jm and wendle are, you're all amazing for supporting me too!
Snowy will be ecstatic!! Thank you so much xxx

Can't wait to see snowy in her/his new set up when they arrive :)

esupi
18-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Amazing :thumb: The thing to do Pinkybun, is pay it forward. Jaysmonkey and Wendle did something amazing for you and Snowy out of their own free will. Next time someone needs help, give a bit of your time (it's not always about money) and support. xx

This is right!

Lovely thread. Looking forward to pics!

PinkBun
19-01-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm so excited, I don't know when it'll arrive, next week sometime I guess but still SO exciting :D
Pinkbum ey... Cheers;)

Aly&Poppy<3
19-01-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm betting Tuesday :p or Wednesday depending on snow! I ordered a hamster cage on Monday and it arrived at about 10am on Friday :D

PinkBun
19-01-2013, 02:24 PM
i'm betting tuesday :p or wednesday depending on snow! I ordered a hamster cage on monday and it arrived at about 10am on friday :d

argh next week is too long :d