• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor condo from old furniture?

BettyLu

Alpha Buck
Was considering building a large sized condo from an ikea storage unit or the like. Mainly because it will work out a lot more cost effective than buying NIC cubes. Does anyone have an experience with this kind of adaptation or any ideas? :)

Was considering building a large sized condo from an ikea storage unit or the like. Mainly because it will work out a lot more cost effective than buying NIC cubes. Does anyone have an experience with this kind of adaptation or any ideas? :)

Hi is it for rabbits? I built one for my guinea pigs using slatted shelves for a wooden unit they have (can't remember name I think they've just changed it!) I joined 6 together to make a big rectangular pen then used 2 big square under-bed storage boxes as the base. Wouldn't suit rabbits tho but iv seen a few things people have built from those shelving units! They're only about £15 I think. Google it and u should get some ideas or look on ikeahackers.net for ideas :D

Back