• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Daniel - I have taken photos of the shed/summerhouse

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
There is still small patches of wet getting in. Still have no idea where from. I have felt the walls and the ceiling. The wall are completely dry. The ceilings are cold but not wet. I have felt everywhere and cannot find the source plus we replaced the felt and put bituman on.

Could it still be porous ? Maybe the roof wood has had it. :?

I haven't even told James but we are going to have to get a new shed asap. I will sell this and hope to get at least £75.00.

Don't know really where to start. The ones at Homebase and B and Q are not what I want and expensive. Not getting far with ebay.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
The tongue and groove shed I bought off eBay was £199, 6x4. I think it's the same price now.

I'll go on the laptop and find a link, it's a great shed, the seller is great too, they do sheds for that Alan Titchmarsh garden programme.

Edit: found it! It's really good quality, I'd happily buy another one! Worth the £199 :D delivery was quick too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quality-W...409?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cce2203a1

Last edited:
There is still small patches of wet getting in. Still have no idea where from. I have felt the walls and the ceiling. The wall are completely dry. The ceilings are cold but not wet. I have felt everywhere and cannot find the source plus we replaced the felt and put bituman on.

Could it still be porous ? Maybe the roof wood has had it. :?

I haven't even told James but we are going to have to get a new shed asap. I will sell this and hope to get at least £75.00.

Don't know really where to start. The ones at Homebase and B and Q are not what I want and expensive. Not getting far with ebay.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Can you take a photo or the shed and problem bits?

It could be condensation, obviously I am not an expert but just a thought. The temperature varies so much from outside to sheds ,garages and hutches. I know you must be in a terrible state, hope you can get sorted.

The tongue and groove shed I bought off eBay was £199, 6x4. I think it's the same price now.

I'll go on the laptop and find a link, it's a great shed, the seller is great too, they do sheds for that Alan Titchmarsh garden programme.

Edit: found it! It's really good quality, I'd happily buy another one! Worth the £199 :D delivery was quick too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quality-W...409?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cce2203a1

Thanks Aly.

Can you take a photo or the shed and problem bits?

There is a photo of it on the 6th post. Its getting too dark to take photos now but it doesn't look any different inside to these ones. Not the original floor.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...-HELP-need-urgent-buns-summerhouse-DIY-advice

The inside.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?372746-Bandit-and-Cutie-pie

Last edited:
It could be condensation, obviously I am not an expert but just a thought. The temperature varies so much from outside to sheds ,garages and hutches. I know you must be in a terrible state, hope you can get sorted.

One of the mats was wet yesterday, that cannot be condensation. My fault for buying second hand. I think its something to do with the roof.

Thanks Aly.

There is a photo of it on the 6th post. Its getting too dark to take photos now but it doesn't look any different inside to these ones. Not the original floor.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...-HELP-need-urgent-buns-summerhouse-DIY-advice

The inside.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?372746-Bandit-and-Cutie-pie

Was the timber on the roof replaced?
Looking at it, the floor looks rather wet, is it rotting?

If the roof was moldy, you would have to replace the roof, felt wont work as the roof would be rotting already. Once you get rot, nothing you can do but remove the rot.

The doors have gaps in, that won't help with rain.

Was the timber on the roof replaced?
Looking at it, the floor looks rather wet, is it rotting?

If the roof was moldy, you would have to replace the roof, felt wont work as the roof would be rotting already. Once you get rot, nothing you can do but remove the rot.

The doors have gaps in, that won't help with rain.

That is also a new floor. We had our bathroom done and this was left over, plus I put down laminate at the sides. I had sponged it over that morning as Bandit the big bun and had done a large wee on there. However the floor underneath is bad.

There is a verandah roof. Its all a bit of a disaster isn't it. :(

PS the timber wasn't replaced but was dry on the top and underneath. It was mouldy and the guy in our local diy shop said to scrap it off and put the bitumen on the roof. We are hopeless hopeless diy people.

Condensation drips, so yes it could be that,
Its been extremely cold of late, hence more condensation.

Get a hose on it and check it has a leak before you go out and waste money, or buckets of water if you have no hose

Condensation drips, so yes it could be that,
Its been extremely cold of late, hence more condensation.

Get a hose on it and check it has a leak before you go out and waste money, or buckets of water if you have no hose

Good idea. No hose but I have a bucket. Its just so weird. I go in there 3 times a day, including really late at night. I never see water coming from anywhere. Sometimes its totally dry for days, or one or two small wet patches or sometimes a bigger patch. I know some of it is water from their bowl. I have seen them knock it. I don't understand why their mat sometimes gets wet and I never see water around it or their throw on the hutch but the hutch is dry. They do sit on it most of the day. I don't know if it wee or not. Its always covered in poo and shake it out. I have to wash it every second day. Every day if its wet.

Good idea. No hose but I have a bucket. Its just so weird. I go in there 3 times a day, including really late at night. I never see water coming from anywhere. Sometimes its totally dry for days, or one or two small wet patches or sometimes a bigger patch. I know some of it is water from their bowl. I have seen them knock it. I don't understand why their mat sometimes gets wet and I never see water around it or their throw on the hutch but the hutch is dry. They do sit on it most of the day. I don't know if it wee or not. Its always covered in poo and shake it out. I have to wash it every second day. Every day if its wet.

I know this sounds gross...but maybe try sniffing it to see if its wee? if you cant find the source of the water that's what I would assume.

What exactly is getting damp and whereabouts are these patches? Is it that it feels damp or can you actually see puddles - and if puddles, where?

I know this sounds gross...but maybe try sniffing it to see if its wee? if you cant find the source of the water that's what I would assume.

Sometimes it does. It did today, but the mat yesterday didn't.

What exactly is getting damp and whereabouts are these patches? Is it that it feels damp or can you actually see puddles - and if puddles, where?

Not puddles. Small wet patches, random but usually right in the middle of the floor. Always in the middle area, but they dry out quickly. Some are around the water bowl.

Update. Fed the bunnies about 20 minutes ago. I also bought a new torch, a RAC one which is powerful. I was only using a small one before. It lit up inside like a Christmas tree.

All the inside of the roof is covered in a think layer of ice. Came off on my finger like fine frost/powdery snow.

Is this normal ?

Update. Fed the bunnies about 20 minutes ago. I also bought a new torch, a RAC one which is powerful. I was only using a small one before. It lit up inside like a Christmas tree.

All the inside of the roof is covered in a think layer of ice. Came off on my finger like fine frost/powdery snow.

Is this normal ?

No, and it's hard to say without seeing the whole playhouse, each side, front and back, roof etc what could be the problem. The door, the roof, anyone could be the issue.

The roof is wet and is turning in to frost and the wetness could be from the roof timber being soaked before you changed the felt.

No, and it's hard to say without seeing the whole playhouse, each side, front and back, roof etc what could be the problem. The door, the roof, anyone could be the issue.

The roof is wet and is turning in to frost and the wetness could be from the roof timber being soaked before you changed the felt.

The timber is almost like a kitchen surface. Has a green sort of shiny feel. At the very corners where the nails were it had turned black, but only a very small bit that over hung the roof. The felt was shoot, no doubt about that but the two boards seemed fine. Was a layer of dry mould but we cleaned it off.

So far today, everything is dry but its so cold the frost is still on the ceiling. I can still see my finger marks from last night. I will get a photo.

The timber is almost like a kitchen surface. Has a green sort of shiny feel. At the very corners where the nails were it had turned black, but only a very small bit that over hung the roof. The felt was shoot, no doubt about that but the two boards seemed fine. Was a layer of dry mould but we cleaned it off.

So far today, everything is dry but its so cold the frost is still on the ceiling. I can still see my finger marks from last night. I will get a photo.

The only sheet materials that i know is green is a type of chipboard? If that was it, it falls to pieces if it got too wet to much. Or laminated like kitchen worktop, if so I’ve not seen or heard of any reason that would be done for roof work less someone else did it themselves.

The only sheet materials that i know is green is a type of chipboard? If that was it, it falls to pieces if it got too wet to much. Or laminated like kitchen worktop, if so I’ve not seen or heard of any reason that would be done for roof work less someone else did it themselves.

Not chipboard. It is really hard, it was difficult to hammer nails into and not as thick as chipboard.

Went out with camera, battery flat so charging. Took everything out to clean. Walls dry, floors dry, not a single wet patch but their throw on the base is wet again. :? Nothing around the base is wet, the inside is dry. But the throw has such a large wet patch. Not a small patch but HUGE. :? Surely they cannot wee that much. Was also covered in poo but that happens every day.

I am starting to wonder if they bother using the base that much and use the throw for their toilet. The base used to get covered in wee and poo but now its not dirty anymore. They have a litter tray and it did have poo and wee in it but not much.

I will use the flash and get photos and use the torch, when batteries are charged.

Back