• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cold weather question

Embo

Young Bun
Hi all,
I'm a little concerned about Tiffany in this cold weather. She really doesn' seem to be coping with it too well, even though she's twice the size of Theo. He seems more hardy and gets grumpy if not given the chance to get out and about. For a couple of nights they have been in the garage overnight, and then yesterday I carried them both outside. She went straight upstairs in the outdoor hutch and remained there all day, and when I carried her into the garage again last night she was really subdued and refused a carrot :shock:
I'm wondering if it would be okay to leave her in the garage hutch today and put Theo out and bring him in later. Will they be okay seperated for a few hours?
Sorry for the ramble, I just worry for them.

I don`t think I would seperate them. Sometimes the garages are colder than the outside temperature. I would put in extra straw and maybe cover the hutch over as much as posssible but leave a gap for fresh air to get in. If she is no better later in the day I would take her off to vets for a check up. This is unless there is somewhere indoors you could bring them for the rest of winter. Good luck I hope she is ok.

Thankyou! I will keep them together and give her lots of attention today and see how she goes x

The temperature changes may be upsetting her. If the garage is warmer than outside it's not a good idea to move them between the two.

If she's not eating she needs to see a vet

the thing of concern is, is she eating her food if not she needs to see a vet as could be in gi statis, wth her refusing carrot it maybe she i sunwell or her teeth
are causing concern and a vet may need to check her molars, i wouldn;'t separate them as this will cause unecessary stress, but watch when you feed them to make sure if she is eating or not? if not she needs to see a vet asap

also as mentiioned temperature changes can affect them alot so it may be much warmer in garage then is outdoors

Back