• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best option please

CazandCo

Alpha Buck
What is best for my fluffies whilst the temperature is below -2 during the day? Keep them covered and loose daylight or open covers and let the cold in. All have plenty of straw and hay to keep warm...

Thanks for looking

I am going to uncover all mine shortly as I don't think the cover makes much difference to the temperature. The only time I would keep them covered is if it is raining, snowing and the wind is blowing it into the hutches. Rabbits also like to look out at the world.

I dont know if they still sell them but I bought a load of clear shower curtains from Ikea last year, they are see-through so let in light but protect against rain and draughts.

I now have covers from ebay which have a thick clear day cover.

When it's really cold, I tend to keep the clear tarpaulin up on the front of my run, but I leave the side open to let a bit of fresh air in. If it's blowing a gale, or raining, then I'll cover up most of the side too to keep draughts/rain out (with a clear shower curtain so it still lets light in) but leave a little ventilation gap in one corner.

Thanks for your responses, will get looking for some clear shower curtains. It's blooming freezing!!!

Back