• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about bunny...

charlieekins

Young Bun
Since giving her the panacur from the vets, she has not been herself after the 9 days he said to give it her for. She has been eating but not as much as usual and she seems to be just staying in her cardboard castle all day and won't come out no matter what, like she is scared to leave it. She seems like she has been a little lethargic and her tummy has been making a few noises. She does eat greens but I don't know if I should be giving her these if her stomach sounds upset.

I'm not long an owner and I'm not sure if I am just over worrying or there could be something wrong. :(

Any sign of disinterest in food or lethargy should be checked out by a vet.

Bunnies are excellent at hiding illness so its the little things you need to look out for.

A vet will be able to check her tummy and listen to see if her gut is moving properly.

She is eating but just not as much and she is pooing. You think I should keep an eye on it or just make a vet appointment?

Less food in general, she used to eat all of a bowl of her food and now she doesn't finish the bowl anymore, maybe a little less than half is left now. For example, She has been out since 11am today and she has been all that time in her castle and not once has been out it that I've seen. Bit strange as she always usually potters around my livingroom/bedroom.

She might not be hungry :) bunnys really only need a eggcup full of pellets per day :wave:

Did the Vet give Panacur for ordinary wprms as opposed to EC?

How Much rabbit food do you give her and how old is she? If she is over 6 months she should be eating mainly hay and a small amount of pellets.

She's just been sitting and lying stretched out most the time. Usually shes up on the sofa and running about. she only does the teeth grind when you cuddle and pet her, I put this down to her liking it? Just her sometimes crazy tummy She isn't feeling the cold, cos my flat can be cold? I keep getting paranoid about things, I've only had her 2 months and im a worrier. I was trying to move her onto pellets but she isn't having any of it and i've put a few in her food, it can't be this maybe putting her off eating them if they maybe have a smell or something? :?

I'm not sure, I was just going by what he was telling me to do. It was just for the year an to give a course of 9 days. She's just about 15 months now I think according to previous owner and She eats the muesli as the previous owner had her on this, but im trying to change.

Have ya tried SS pellets most bunnys like those , which are you trying to change her over to :wave:

Back