• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you with pairs?

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
When the worst happens and one of the pair goes to the rainbow bridge will you be wanting to find another partner straight away/soon as poss, or will you wait for awhile or leave the other on its own.

Having never had it happen*touchwood* I know it will at some point, i'd probs be wanting to find them a new partner as soon as, because of them being lonely on their own :/

I waited approx 6 weeks after my little girly lost her husbun as she went into stasis and just wouldn't eat she was hospitalised for nearly a week the vet said she was grieving for her partner but we got her better again an when I brought her home I brought her into the house for 5 weeks then bought a nice new dog kennel style house then when she was running about again I took her to BARC to be bonded with mad hatter and she's been good since was a hard thing to do as I didn't want to replace my little Dudley but at the same time I needed to think about my little girls happiness and she had always had Dudley as her partner so I thought it only right to get her another husbun to cuddle because she just loves grooming her partner x

After losing Herbie, it left Sugar on her own. Her behaviour changed straight away, she became unsettled and very destructive. One night she ripped up a large section of the carpet in her room, complete with the carpet grippers. :shock: She had never done anything remotely destructive before Herbie passed away, so this was very unlike her.

I took on another bunny (Roo) within a few weeks of losing Herbie, so although I didn't feel ready for taking on another rabbit, I felt I needed to for Sugar's sake.

I do what the individual Rabbit tells me they want.

Some want a new friend immediately, some not for a few days/weeks/months

A rare few never want to share their immediate space with another Rabbit again

I'm in this predicament at the moment. I have only just lost Roxy and I am devastated about her passing.

My boy Alvin seems okay within himself I think but not really running around the same and keener for a cuddle than normal. He has my company during the day but I guess it isn't the same as Roxy and he prefers my husband to me, where as Roxy was very much a mummys bunny.

I am looking for a wifey bun for his sake, just not rushing into anything.

I do what the individual Rabbit tells me they want.

Some want a new friend immediately, some not for a few days/weeks/months

A rare few never want to share their immediate space with another Rabbit again

This. When I first tried Mini with the other two she wasn't ready and kept going for them. I waited a couple of months and tried again and was more successful. I knew she was at the stage where she needed someone because she was getting very clingy with me and often coming up on the bed for cuddles whereas the first time I tried the bond she was still a bit aloof. It was lovely getting cuddles but I knew she needed someone furry who was there all the time.

Imogen had moved in within 2 weeks of Mae dying. I'm hoping to get another bun to make a trio so that when the worst happens I won't need to think about it

When lily bun died i wanted to bond rosey right away as she was outside and only 8 months old so i was worried about her being cold and alone (Lil dies in sepetember)...I couldnt bond her right away so bought her in and then bonded ASAP...They will be going back out in the spring. I would either bond with a new partner or bond into another of my groups :)

I have a trio and a single bun, if two of the trio died I'd have to try bond the two singles together, but if I was just left with one and I was still at university I'm afraid they'd have to stay single because I can't take on another and get into an everlasting cycle of one dying, getting another, the other dying, having to get another. There's a few years age difference inbetween them all too so it's probably pretty likely it'll happen :? But if my uni accomidation (not halls obviously, somewhere rented that allows pets) or just finished uni, having just one living inside wouldn't be a problem

I'd wait and see how the other rabbit was and try and do what I felt best for him/her. I'd maybe think about bonding the bunny with Boris my indoor single, although I'd be more wary of this if I was left with the two males. Also the rabbit would have to be move indoors and I'd have to see if they liked that, also Boris has snuffles, albeit very mild, so I'd have to think about that too. I would consider adopting a friend although obviously my circumstances at the time would have to be take into account there. Hopefully I won't have to think about this for a long time

I would get one asap because I've seen how lonely Harvey gets on his own, he needs someone to snuggle with. Lilly can be a bit nervous about strange noises and I think she relies a lot on Harvey for comfort. They follow each other everywhere!

Although I'd want to get the lonely bun a partner straight away I also want to rescue and know that takes time :( I'm always worried rescues would turn me down and one of my buns would suffer!

I think I'll wait and see how they react.
Bear was happy as a single bun as he lives inside and loves human company.
Alice was really withdrawn and an awful eater till we bonded her with Bear, she seemed to thrive with him.
I'd imagine I'd try and bond Alice asap if she went back to her old ways but Bear maybe wait a bit longer...
I dont know, I think its the kind of thing you can only asses when your in the situation with the remaining bun.

I would get one asap because I've seen how lonely Harvey gets on his own, he needs someone to snuggle with. Lilly can be a bit nervous about strange noises and I think she relies a lot on Harvey for comfort. They follow each other everywhere!

Although I'd want to get the lonely bun a partner straight away I also want to rescue and know that takes time :( I'm always worried rescues would turn me down and one of my buns would suffer!

I have this problem, Imogen uses Sebastian as her guide dog. If he died I don't know how she'd cope :(

I try to make the decision based on the bun. If there's time to quarantine, panacur etc, I will. If not, I bond as soon as poss.

Back