• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

she's drivnig me nuts

Tonya

Alpha Buck
After her dental Chrissy took like 2 weeks to start eating normally. The reason? I didn't know it, no vet knew it either.
Well....
Its seems she is a very picky lady, and after feeding her with the same pellets I gave her when I was syringe feeding her (they soak really well) , she wouldn't eat them!
She did this once but since it was the 1st time on those pellets when I was syringe-feeding I tought she just didn't like them.
"mummy, mummy, you stuff me with those pellets, yuck, I won't eat them anymore, before they were good but now I won't" :lol::lol:
So after struggling with greens, herbs&treats for two weeks I finally found some pellets she eats. Not at all the same quality as her Beaphar selective care + (from which I have a big bag left...), but what can I do when she's so stubborn!
I will try to put her back on those! But at least I'm calm she's munching some pellets now, even if they're not the greatest quality ones....
It's weird how they can develop such a sense of taste...

Was she given painkillers and anti-inflammatories after her dental for several days? If not, then she was/is probably still in pain. Also, I'm sure buns remember that it hurt to eat solid food, and hence don't want to try it in case it hurts again. The longer she is eating soft food, the less her teeth are wearing down..so it is quite possible that she has molar spurs growing very quickly which could be causing pain again. It's a very tricky situation, as molar spurs can really only be seen properly under GA. Have you tried giving her lots of grass and hay? Most dental buns are unlikely to eat hay ( usually the cause of needing a dental in the first place!).

Was she given painkillers and anti-inflammatories after her dental for several days? If not, then she was/is probably still in pain. Also, I'm sure buns remember that it hurt to eat solid food, and hence don't want to try it in case it hurts again. The longer she is eating soft food, the less her teeth are wearing down..so it is quite possible that she has molar spurs growing very quickly which could be causing pain again. It's a very tricky situation, as molar spurs can really only be seen properly under GA. Have you tried giving her lots of grass and hay? Most dental buns are unlikely to eat hay ( usually the cause of needing a dental in the first place!).

Oh she had everything, she was treated like a little queen!yeah she eats very little hay (still it's a progress from last year, when she wasn't eating at all!)N the thing was that she could eat hard food - when I give her treats she would never say no, and she has a taste for some grass pellets now...but she wouldn't go to her pellets.But she surely remembers that eating this exact food brand hurted, and connects it with an unpleasant feeling!
Now she's eating pellets-I decided to try her on on some different pellets (I didn't think she would eat them, and since everything looked fine n there was no reason for her not eating I was pretty desperate) and I see she munched everything! So I really hope it's fine now, her poop looks like peas and according to the vet it's perfect size! But all those worries....
Normaly she needs dentals twice a year, but it's always difficult to make her eat normally after, because of her starting to hate the food she was syringe-fed with

It may sound as if I'm angry at her but I really love her too much to feel ok when she's sick....she's the best thing ever:love::love:

Last edited:
It does sound like she is a picky bunny. Spenser, Susiebun's bunny is also a very picky bunny.

Whoever said that caring for bunnies is easy!!!!!

I would give her the new pellets for a week or so then start gradually mixing her old ones in and reducing the amount of new ones :wave:

Back