• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Bunny female needing home - Manchester

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of karen&poppy

Physical Description: Martha is a beautifullight sand coloured nethie cross of medium size
Temperament: Martha is a sweetheart, she has become more cuddly since her partner passed away but like most rabbits prefers to have her feet on the ground. Martha has a very mild temperament and has never attempted to bite me or anybody else.
Sex: Female
Neuter Status: Unknown but assumed not neutered. Martha was a rescue bun who was rehomed wrongly as a male.
Vaccination Status: Not vaccinated in last year but I was told she was vaccinated by rescue prior to her being rehomed.
Health: Martha has never needed to go to the vet. Vets always did a quick once-over when she accompanied her partner on many occasions.
Type of home wanted: For Martha to be rehomed as a pair with another bun. Martha is incredibly lonely.
Reason for rehoming: Please see this thread for explanation:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?373660-Such-a-hard-post-to-write

Hi there. I have a photograph but not a clue how to upload!! If you pm me your email address I'm happy to email you one (also happy for someone to tell me how to upload!)

She's gorgeous, such a little sweetie. She just definitely needs a friend, she craves company which I just can't offer in the same way a bunny would!

Karen

Huge apologies if this turns out huge...

Martha_zps335aa22d.jpg

Bump

Hi everyone

Just wanted to give Martha a little bump. Have done everything I can think of and still no luck rehoming her.

If anyone is in a position to help I'd be so grateful - she's forever fed up. If it helps I would be happy to send the hutch with Martha - its only a few months old and cost me £260 brand new. Martha's a pain in that she's not confident enough to use the stairs so I have to lift her up and down it each day (despite her having stairs in her old hutch!!) but I'd be happy for the hutch to go with her even to be used by a different rabbit.

Thanks everyone for your kind words so far

Karen

Hi everyone

Just wanted to give Martha a little bump. Have done everything I can think of and still no luck rehoming her.

If anyone is in a position to help I'd be so grateful - she's forever fed up. If it helps I would be happy to send the hutch with Martha - its only a few months old and cost me £260 brand new. Martha's a pain in that she's not confident enough to use the stairs so I have to lift her up and down it each day (despite her having stairs in her old hutch!!) but I'd be happy for the hutch to go with her even to be used by a different rabbit.

Thanks everyone for your kind words so far

Karen

Hi Karen,

What a sad story. Am I right that Martha is an outdoor bunny at the moment? I am looking for a girly bun for my house rabbit Fred but haven't yet worked out how I can keep them separate until it is time to introduce them! Having an outdoor bunny who already has a hutch might be the ideal solution, then I could bring her in at the right time. Whereabouts are you?

Jo

Bump

Hi everyone

The situation is still very much the same with Martha - I feel awful every day when I go out to her - she's incredibly bored and just not in the right place. I have contacted the rescue yet again but had no response which I just can't get over given how helpful she was and what a reputable rescue it is.

I am more than happy for Martha's hutch/run combi to go with her (its a heavy fox proof one) - I just want the best for my girl which I know is something I can't give her for the reasons discussed previously.

If anyone is able to give Martha a forever home, please let me know.

Karen

Hi there, Martha isn't vaccinated but I would be more than happy to meet the cost of doing so if it secured her a home-I just so want the best for her x

i will keep an eye on this thread as we have recently lost matt, leaving bisc on his own. we are taking things one day at a time with bisc at the moment and there would be some things to discuss, like bisc's snuffle issues and martha not being spayed, but i will check back over the next couple of weeks when we see how bisc is getting on, and then maybe we could sort out where to go with things. i just can't rush things as i say and there would be things to discuss but we are in manchester and martha sounds like a great personality match for bisc.

i'm sorry i can't be more definite about things because as i say, we are just taking it day by day at the moment, but if she doesn't find a new home soon then i would be very interested to discuss adopting her if and when the time is right.

x

So sorry to hear about Matt - you're doing exactly the right thing, waiting until the time is right. We have been the same with Martha - as much as it is hard for us, we know she needs to be rehomed with another bunny, but it has to be the right bunny and the right owners, she's a bit part of our lives and the move has to be the right one.

We adopted Martha (then thought was Arthur!) just after my first bunny Poppy lost her first partner. We found that Poppy really craved company and accepted Martha (Arthur!) straight away, but as you said rabbits do grieve and it has to be the right time for the bereaved rabbit.

Thank you for baring her in mind, she really is a sweetheart she is just really craving company and human company just isn't the same as its not 24/7.

Thanks again x

So sorry to hear about Matt - you're doing exactly the right thing, waiting until the time is right. We have been the same with Martha - as much as it is hard for us, we know she needs to be rehomed with another bunny, but it has to be the right bunny and the right owners, she's a bit part of our lives and the move has to be the right one.

We adopted Martha (then thought was Arthur!) just after my first bunny Poppy lost her first partner. We found that Poppy really craved company and accepted Martha (Arthur!) straight away, but as you said rabbits do grieve and it has to be the right time for the bereaved rabbit.

Thank you for baring her in mind, she really is a sweetheart she is just really craving company and human company just isn't the same as its not 24/7.

Thanks again x

aw, she sounds lovely :love: hope she can find her forever home soon and i'll check back at some stage if we decide it is what bisc needs. i know the snuffle issue will be the sticking point with people and rescues and i totally understand that. it's an option anyway we can maybe discuss at some point. :wave:

Back