• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which/ what do you know little or nothing about ? Rabbit related topics.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
I've no personal experience at:

Breeding.
Caring for orphan kits.
Caring for very young kits and their mothers.
Rabbits with mxy and or vhd.
Amputees.
Bonding trios and larger groups.

The great thing on here though is that I am still on a learning curve. :thumb::thumb:

Of the ones you have listed - I have no experience of breeding (other than raising one accidental litter )

and vhd (thank goodness)

Exactly the same things as you! :wave:

Breeding.
Caring for orphan kits.
Amputees.

The great thing on here though is that I am still on a learning curve. :thumb::thumb:

Breeding.
Caring for orphan kits.
Amputees.

same as you:D - except Ive bonded a trio...but when i was away it fell apart so need to re-bond...:( hopefully if Im around it will work out for them...;)

Perhaps also
Wild forage ID: Im learning but dont trust myself fully to identify some wild plants which I know the buns can eat but need to know for sure what Im picking and how to ID.

Blind or deaf bunnies
Dental buns
Diabetes buns

This is a great thread...perhaps those with knowledge could put basic caring tips on post it notes for anyone who does - in an emergency - need help straight away - like an emergency care guide:p

None.

I don't know if it counts that a baby chinchilla was born in our home nearly 9 years ago, very unexpectedly. I completely freaked out as I wanted to make sure she survived.

Next day was on the phone to whoever could help until I found a chinchilla expert. As most of you know she was fine and still with us now.

No experience with blind, deaf or diabetic bunnies either. Never had a bunny with an abscess in 14 years.

Do have two bunnies now that have both had to have dentals. I guess my bunnies and I have been fortunate.

I have no experience of breeding.
Have limited experience of accidental litters and have helped care for them. (through the rescue)
Have witnessed a rejected litter being hand fed, they didn't make it :cry:
Have witnessed both myxi and I believe vhd :cry: (myxi in rescue buns, I lost a bun to suspected vhd and will never forgive myself)
I have never dealt with an amputee bun (beyond a couple of gummy bunnies)
Had a few bunny dentals in my time one of which involved teeth removal!
Bonding of any description is not my strong point :oops:

I have never experienced:
Choking
Fitting
Diabetes
Heart problems
Snuffles
Ec
A bun that is on long term medication.
Arthritis

So am on a steep learning curve :p

Only very limited experience :oops:

I know about feeding dry food - but not really about vegetables (so poor kids don't get any as don't trust myself to give the right type/quantity and want to be safe)
Limited knowledge about bonding a pair - based on the easiest bonding.
And a bit about GI Stasis - I know enough to see the symptoms and get bunny to the vet ASAP

I don't even trim the nails for goodness sake - they go to the vet for that :oops::oops::oops:

As for the rest of it - haven't got a clue!:shock:

Funny enough though - was just thinking this morning I really need to do something about my lack of knowledge. It's fine when you have healthy bunnies - but this mornings saga with Holly has brought home how little we actually are prepared and it's frightening really.

No knowledge of kits/breeding/hand raising. No experience of abscesses bar giving Carly S' bun some medication. and thankfully limited knowledge of myxi and vhd

Back