• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How will I know....

Alvins mummy

Mama Doe
When Alvin is ready for a new friend. He's very recently bereaved (Friday past), he seems fine in himself, I suspect he knew Roxy was much worse than we did and already prepared for her passing.

I'm a bit better thanks, I'm definitely far more distressed than Alvin. Its harder than I ever imagined. I've never had the experience of loving and loosing so quickly. Roxy was only just over 1 year old and I expected her to live to a good old age.

Wow I didn't realise she was that young. If Alvin's OK then I guess it isn't too early for him to have another partner but are you ready?

Doughnut's a year and a half and I think of her as a baby. Now she is getting better I now remember how active she is and full of mischief like a naughty child.

Any bunny would be lucky to have you as their new mummy but I wouldn't rush it until you feel the time is right. Sorry I'm not much help! Ask me anything about internal cuts and I'm fine:D

I think Alvin would be ready ASAP...when we lost lily bun (she was 8 months old and it was a huge shock) rosey was lonley and I delayed her bonding as she was being treated for EC (which i suspect lily had aswell...)

((hugs)) xxx

Aww sorry to hear you lost Roxy , my little girly lost her husbun in March this year but she went poorly afterwards she wouldn't eat or anything I took her straight to the vets she was hospitalised for a few days but they got her better :love: I brought her inside at this point she was inside for just over 5 weeks an I then decided she needed another friend so I pulled the old playhouse down ordered a new one and took her to be bonded at BARC and everything was ready for when she came home and she's been good since :love::love:

Here they are love em :love: (she's the black bunny)
b21a09f615b49937e6988108059f263e.jpg

Sorry I mean last year :cry:

Last edited:
Wow I didn't realise she was that young. If Alvin's OK then I guess it isn't too early for him to have another partner but are you ready?

Doughnut's a year and a half and I think of her as a baby. Now she is getting better I now remember how active she is and full of mischief like a naughty child.

Any bunny would be lucky to have you as their new mummy but I wouldn't rush it until you feel the time is right. Sorry I'm not much help! Ask me anything about internal cuts and I'm fine:D

I'm probably not ready I'm still grieving big time but maybe having another to love will help. Thank you for your kind words.

I think Alvin would be ready ASAP...when we lost lily bun (she was 8 months old and it was a huge shock) rosey was lonley and I delayed her bonding as she was being treated for EC (which i suspect lily had aswell...)

((hugs)) xxx

Thank you

Aww sorry to hear you lost Roxy , my little girly lost her husbun in March this year but she went poorly afterwards she wouldn't eat or anything I took her straight to the vets she was hospitalised for a few days but they got her better :love: I brought her inside at this point she was inside for just over 5 weeks an I then decided she needed another friend so I pulled the old playhouse down ordered a new one and took her to be bonded at BARC and everything was ready for when she came home and she's been good since :love::love:

Here they are love em :love: (she's the black bunny)
b21a09f615b49937e6988108059f263e.jpg

Sorry I mean last year :cry:

I'm keeping a close eye on him, with the eating. He is more keen for cuddles so I suspect he is missing the company.

I'm probably not ready I'm still grieving big time but maybe having another to love will help. Thank you for your kind words.

It may do and you will just love her different to how you loved Roxy for her own personality. Just remember you are not replacing Roxy you are helping another rabbit and bringing some more love into your family for you and for Alvin.

It may do and you will just love her different to how you loved Roxy for her own personality. Just remember you are not replacing Roxy you are helping another rabbit and bringing some more love into your family for you and for Alvin.

I was so lucky with Roxy she was such a loving playful rabbit.

It might take a while. We dont have any rescues up here bar the SSPCA centre and they dont have any single females at the moment. I can travel of course but the nearest is 2.5 hours away.

if he's fine in himself, and you aren't ready I'd just leave it until you are. When Mae died all the spark left Sebastian, he was obviously depressed so I found him a friend ASAP and he accepted her. Some rabbits might not have though so it's very individual!

I don't have experience of bonded bunnies, but from what I've read on here I think your instinct will let you know when the time is right. Thinking of you. xx

Alvin is keeping close to me today.

I've seen a couple already but they're far away. I'm in Aberdeen and they're in the Midlands.

Maybe if you see a few closer some people can help with transport.

Ah poor little Alvin. Bet he is getting spoilt.

Alvin is keeping close to me today.

I've seen a couple already but they're far away. I'm in Aberdeen and they're in the Midlands.

I am sorry for your loss.

Was there not a female rabbit found dumped in Ellon in the evening express last week, think they were looking for a home for her.
SSPCA’s Aberdeenshire Animal Rescue and Rehoming Centre in Drumoak is where you can see her i think. Sorry i could not get the link to work.

I really hope this helps you.

Was there, I'll have a look to see what happened. I've already check the SSPCA website and called them this morning, the said they had two females that the suspect are pregnant so not yet up for rehoming.

Was there, I'll have a look to see what happened. I've already check the SSPCA website and called them this morning, the said they had two females that the suspect are pregnant so not yet up for rehoming.

Thats a shame. Good that you found the article.
I will keep a look out in the shire for you and will ask some of my friends if they know of any buns that need rehomed. :thumb:

Back