• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried About Max :( UD All better now :)

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday I noticed he was shaking his head a little bit and itching his ears, but as he was behaving normally I thought maybe he'd got a bit of fur in it or something. My alarm was going off but I thought I was worrying for nothing.

Today he is still eating well, pooing etc but is bait quiet for him and shaking his head occasionally. I checked his ears, the left one he let me examine but he was obviously in pain with the right one :(
No other symptoms as yet.

Am going to pop in to the vets in a bit to get an appointment hopefully for today.

I'm absolutely terrified its an ear infection or abcess :cry:

Last edited:
Sending vibes for dear Max (((((((((((((((((((((((((vibes)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I always get worried when the ears become an issue. I'm certain if I'd just paid more attention to Mimzy's symptoms we'd have caught his e.c/head tilt sooner. :(

I hope the vet visit goes well and it's something easily sorted.

Sending vibes for dear Max (((((((((((((((((((((((((vibes)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I always get worried when the ears become an issue. I'm certain if I'd just paid more attention to Mimzy's symptoms we'd have caught his e.c/head tilt sooner. :(

I hope the vet visit goes well and it's something easily sorted.

Thank you for the vibes.

I think the fact that I've had bad experience with ears with Mimi is setting off a panic a bit :( Just hope that like you say if it is something like that I've noticed it early enough :(

Argh can't get an appointment until tomorrow at 3 :( The only rabbit savvy vet within an hours drive is a very small practice and they're always very busy. We agreed he's not an emergency but I would still have liked him to be seen today :(

Good thing is when I came home he did his usual thing of 'helping' me unpack, he particularly likes to help unpack the veggies! :roll:

Sending vibes for Max. Maybe he has got something stuck in his ear? That happened to Redfraggle's Orinoco recently. If something is amiss at least you are seeing about treatment as soon as possible. :thumb:

Sending vibes for Max. Maybe he has got something stuck in his ear? That happened to Redfraggle's Orinoco recently. If something is amiss at least you are seeing about treatment as soon as possible. :thumb:

That's interesting what did Orinoco have stuck in his ear? Will search for the thread in a mo.

I have some Metacam, am wondering whether to give him any :?

That's interesting what did Orinoco have stuck in his ear? Will search for the thread in a mo.

I have some Metacam, am wondering whether to give him any :?

A seed pod, I think. It was quite big - Redfraggle posted a photo of it next to a coin. I would think this less likely to happen with an indoor bun, but you never know so I thought it was worth mentioning.

A seed pod, I think. It was quite big - Redfraggle posted a photo of it next to a coin. I would think this less likely to happen with an indoor bun, but you never know so I thought it was worth mentioning.

Thank you :wave: I had a look at the thread, the seedpod was huge :shock:

I'm suspecting an infection now that I've seen that his ear is inflamed. Or maybe he has scratched it too hard or something.

Bring on 3pm tomorrow :(

It's hard to say about the metacam. On the one hand if there's any inflammation it would be of benefit, but sometimes the vets don't want you giving them anything in case they have to medicate with something that can't be used concurrently with metacam. :(
Has he had it before? Is it something you use regularly on him? In that case I would risk it, low dose.
If his ear is red he might have an infection. Does it smell bad? Any exudate?
Poor lad...at least he still feels well enough to help with 'chores'. :lol: I wish my son had your bunnies' work ethic! :thumb:
Many more vibes that whatever it is will hold till his appointment. What a shame there is no one to look at him straight away...that irks me no end when it happens
to me. :?

It's hard to say about the metacam. On the one hand if there's any inflammation it would be of benefit, but sometimes the vets don't want you giving them anything in case they have to medicate with something that can't be used concurrently with metacam. :(
Has he had it before? Is it something you use regularly on him? In that case I would risk it, low dose.
If his ear is red he might have an infection. Does it smell bad? Any exudate?
Poor lad...at least he still feels well enough to help with 'chores'. :lol: I wish my son had your bunnies' work ethic! :thumb:
Many more vibes that whatever it is will hold till his appointment. What a shame there is no one to look at him straight away...that irks me no end when it happens
to me. :?

Good morning :wave:

I didn't give him any Metacam in the end. I was tempted just before bed because he was scratching and shaking his head non stop for about 10mins and was obviously irritated :( But he's never had this before, I don't know what we're dealing with so thought it best to leave it.

Just had a good sniff and it doesn't smell atall and there's no discharge at this point. There's not much change this morning, he's still itchy and shaking but has just mugged me for my porridge as usual (don't even get any peace when he's poorly!) :roll:

It sounds strange but I can just tell from his face that he's uncomfortable, I'm looking forwards to our vet visit so we can start treating whatever it is.

Absolutely. I can well imagine your worry. (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) You just know when there's something amiss, you can feel it.
I really hope it goes well for Max today. Must say it's cute that he wants your brekkie. ;)
Feel better vibes winging their way to you! ((((((((((((((((((((((Max)))))))))))))))))))))))

Back