• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H

I<3Rabbits

Mama Doe
Most people on here dislike p@h. People are always putting threads about when they went into p@h they...
But what I'm just curious about is if people dislike it so much then why do they go in and buy their pet food, treats , bedding etc in there ? Surely that will be helping the pet trade go on in p@h.
I never go into p@h because the closest one to me is an hour away.

There are lots of thread on this, one was not long ago.

The last time I went in was to pick up Phoebe from the adoption bit. I'll never go in again because its putting money into the breeding. But saying that I don't go into any pet shop for the same reason, not just p@h. I'm scared for Phoebes health as she was originally a p@h hamster, my other 2 hamsters died of tumours and April had no end of problems due to bad breeding.
Phoebe is a hybrid as p@h dwarves are never full breed. So things in the hamster food like the squashed peas and sweetcorn need to be taken out for her because hybrids are more prone to diabetes, they just don't tell anyone that.

Hay I buy online and from a horse supply shop, hamster food I buy online and rabbit food I buy from our garden centre or online depending on what size bag I want.

Last edited:
It's the only place near me that I know of that does Burgess rabbit nuggets and the wet cat food I use. Everything else I buy from other places.

I used to work there several years ago and because of things that happened there I will never purchase anything from them again. In my head they don't even exist. I've found a brilliant online supplier that I get most stuff from, and when I need other stuff I have a choice of 3 other shops that only sell supplies, plus I can get hay/bedding from the yard where I keep my pony. I understand that not everyone is that lucky though, and may be the only place some people can get to.

I used to work there several years ago and because of things that happened there I will never purchase anything from them again. In my head they don't even exist. I've found a brilliant online supplier that I get most stuff from, and when I need other stuff I have a choice of 3 other shops that only sell supplies, plus I can get hay/bedding from the yard where I keep my pony. I understand that not everyone is that lucky though, and may be the only place some people can get to.

Strange that this thread should crop up after our conversation earlier. :wave:

I'll buy food from pet shops that don't sell animals if I can. Luckily there's on such store right next to where I work (along with two others that do sell animals. Loads of rodents, rabbits and birds cramped together, Guinea pigs and rabbits together and bad food for almost every species. Yuck.)

i wouldnt buy a pet from them , but i use pets at home all the time for all the consumable stuff. I aint got a problem with that

I stopped shopping there a long time ago, my son wanted a pair of rats, as there were his first we wanted to buy from a breeder rather than adopt some who may have behaviourl problems due to their past but as we were looking in p@ h he fell in love in with one that had been left on its own and was in the adoption bit the lady gave a big speel about how friendly he was then my partner put his hand in the tank to stoke him and got attacked :shock:,, never again, I walked out with my son in tears having a paddy ( hes 12yrs but has ADHD and aspergers traits so situations like that where he got his hopes up are stressfull to him) anyway we eventualy found a lady who had had an accidental litter and needed to rehome them so we got a pair from her and they are loving and freindly, now he's experianced in their owner ship we would probably adopt next time.
I buy from a local lady who sells from a little shop behind her home with no pets in it, from there I buy cat litter, dog food and rabbit pellets then the hay we have just found a place where we can buy a lovly bale of hay for little money and the straw we get from a shop who does a discount .

P@H is litterally a 2 min drive from my house and I have 19 pets so yes I shop in there alot. I do buy online but the postage costs sometimes makes P@H cheaper...

We do have another pet shop in town but its really badly stocked :( I can walk into our P@h and get whatever I need :) They are helpful and they seem a quite informed with regards to rabbit care in that they have posters advising neutering, keeping in pairs, worming and insurance etc :)

My nearest p@h seem ok, they always give good advice from what I have overheared and when I rehomed a rabbit that had been waiting for a home for a year they asked me all the questions I would expect them too.

Just for pets is closer to me and I buy bales of hay and straw from there, but if i'm in town I will pop into p@h for whatever is needed :wave:

We have a pets @ home within walking distance (and not really another pet shop in town) so I do tend to use them for pellets and the occasional pack of emergency hay - when I've been too late with my hay4pets order :lol:

Since I can't drive and it is too far out of the way I never go there unless I need to use the vets there

Most of my stuff comes from offline. But if I am caught short I will use the pet shop down the road from me. Just a 2 minute walk and they have the right food and everything.

Last edited:
P@H is actually the closest shop to me, literally 5 minutes up the road, I just choose to travel a bit further and give my money to a more deserving business.

Back