• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another P@H moan

Rach210

Alpha Buck
Just been to P@H to get some nuggets for Misty and Muffin and there were 3 kids there asking about rabbits. The oldest was 14/15 at the most and the other 2 were much younger. The shop assistant seemed to think that there was nothing wrong with children wanting to buy a rabbit unsupervised. I'm not sure if they actually bought one in the end, and if they did then it could well become a much loved and well cared for pet. I know the law allows children to buy animals but does anyone agree that shops shouldn't sell animals to children without an adult present?

They not allowed to buy pets in our store unless they are over 16 :evil: or accompanied by a adult I don't go in the one near me anymore that sells the live animals we have a bigger store that dosent sell animals I wish they all didn't :(

Sorry it is 18 my error :wave:

How old do I need to be to purchase a pet from you?
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase a pet from us.

Last edited:
I just checked and apparently you have to be 16 to buy an animal. Personally I think it should be 18 (no offence to the younger members on here). There is no way any of those kids were 16 though. I hope the shop didn't sell them the rabbit in the end.

I just checked and apparently you have to be 16 to buy an animal. Personally I think it should be 18 (no offence to the younger members on here). There is no way any of those kids were 16 though. I hope the shop didn't sell them the rabbit in the end.

How old do I need to be to purchase a pet from you?
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase a pet from us.

This is off the pets at home website :wave:

There is no saying they did buy it though :wave:

That is true, but I could overhear them for the time that I was shopping and I found it concerning that the shop assistant didn't mention age restrictions or even bunny care to a child (it was the middle one, probably 9 or 10) that was saying she wanted to buy a rabbit. Just things like 'oh well that one is cute isn't it' and so on while he kid was practically in the enclosure that the employee had opened for them. At the very least she should have talked to them about caring for rabbits.

Of course if they then went on to say that they couldn't allow her to buy the rabbit after pretty much choosing one, that's not really fair on the child.

It could be that it was at the end of a sale, and the parents were paying for everything and the kids were chosing their rabbit. Or they just wanted to see the rabbits and ask questions.

Hi,

I think from seeing pets being bought in there that even if the shop assistant was mistaken and allowed them to choose the pets etc they wouldn't get them out of the store.

You have to fill in some paperwork when you pay and they wouldn't get past that stage if they're under 18.

As Sally said there is no way of knowing if they bought a pet. It's not illegal for them to ask the assistant questions and for the assistant to reply.

Back