• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The lengths we go too for our Bunnies UPDATED with after pics

Batfink1

Young Bun
I am Bloody freeeeezing.

Job finally done all but a little painting.

Working all week on extending and improving run so that the Buns can have more fun time out side.

re positioned playhouse, dug deep to put up posts for picket fence, put up picket fence and covered in weld mesh, cleared area of soil in run area, went to b&q and bought 14 slabs, laid slabs and edged in bark chippings (wire underneath) ... makes for lovely digging areas.

Made fox proof lid for run area ... not easy as irregular shape, covered in plastic so a little more water tight.

I wanted to create and area for the buns that my son could comfortably sit in and bond with the bunnies but was also fox proof.

All nails broken and hands covered in cuts from the mesh .. aching knees and back but all worth it to see the buns exploring.

Photos to follow when I remember how to do it.

Time to run a nice warm bath!!!!:p:wave:

Last edited:
Before pics

IMG_9888_zpsab2a81af.jpg
IMG_9879_zps8ab36a8a.jpg
IMG_9880_zps1556b797.jpg

These are the pics taken before on a lovely summers day.

As you can imagine the grass ended up a yukky mushy mess and the run wasn't really big enough, they could also only go in it when I was around as there was no lid.

After pics to follow tomorrow.

wowit looks fab then, if theres been an mprovement , hats off to you as that looked amazing!!,!

Still shivering!

Thanks guys.

Just had a hot bath and still shivering ... Painting can wait till the spring lol;)

It looks fab! :thumb: i love the tunnels in the grass, I've been thinking of doing that myself! :love:

It looked lovely after I done it and the buns loved it but ended up looking a right muddy mess :?

Discovered they both love climbing so will be thinking of creative ways of giving them things to climb. They still have the runaround tubes which they never get tired of.

Want to create a rabbit jungle gym:p

Just love watching them leap about.

Anyone know how you can lay your hands on tree stumps? There are loads in the woods but I guess it is illegal to just help yourself!

Could you ask a friendly landscaper/gardener? I have begged apple branches from customers in the shop :oops:. People can be so kind ;)

After pics

Not really looking better than before as picture taken in the bleak Winter :?

DSC00228_zpsbd1b482d.jpg

DSC00227_zps749a9b66.jpg

DSC00243_zps91387c20.jpg

DSC00240_zps70f35d5d.jpg

DSC00234_zps688db415.jpg

Roll on Spring and I can spruce it up with a nice lick of paint and a few hanging baskets.:D

Back