• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions regarding a single and a trio

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
Since Baby Pearl went to the bridge I've been in somewhat of a dilemma.

Archie is now alone.

I then have the trio who are happily bonded.

Space-wise I don't have the accommodation for a quad plus I am 99% sure that Archie will NOT take to a male.

Now, is it crueler to leave Archie by himself? Or take one of the trio, Hattie, who joined the group last and bond her with Archie.

I am not in the position to take on another bun (unless a Belgian Hare doe comes into rescue ... ;))

Discuss.

If you haven't got space for a quad then you haven't got space for a Belgian Hare I'm afraid. Hares need a HUGE amount of space, I wouldn't even consider one and my average accommodation size for two buns is 7x4ft shed area with 12x4ft aviary. You would need at least double the width on that.

I 'think' this was just a tongue in cheek comment anyway but just wanted to point that out for anyone who didn't know.

With regard to your situation, its really difficult to see a bun pining after losing a mate and I would always want to see them paired up again. Is it possible for you to join your two lots of accommodation together to make the extra space and try bonding into a quad ? This would be my first thing to try, you never know it might work.

If you are sure that a quad won't work and you don't have the accommodation for it, then I would look at your quad, and if one is left out, I would remove this one and bond to Archie. I certainly wouldn't leave Archie alone.

Back