• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Assuming wrongly?

Suzyjo

Warren Scout
If someone said they were selling a rabbit and a guinea pig for £45 and they were about a year old.. And they'd only had them a month would I be wrong in assuming they have them living together? :shock:

It sounds like it, unfortunately some people still think it is acceptable to keep them together. I came across an ad on FB with a lady trying to sell a piggie and a rabbit together, I kept trying to tell her it was unacceptable but she just wouldn't see it, and it didn't help with someone else joining in saying there was nothing wrong with it :?

Oh now I don't know what to do.. They are literally down the street from me! I don't want to pay her £45 for them but I hate the thought of them being together..

If you have the space to look after them then id take them. But not paying £45 say instead you'll donate that money to a charity of her choice?
Id also let her know that rabbits actually carry a disease which can affect guinea pigs and that's why they shouldnt be kept together.

Ok so I've asked and they are living together..

Should I get them? What would you do?

If they were spayed and vaccinated I might think about offering her some money, but Im guessing if she is keeping them together then she is probably not too well informed and has not had them spayed/vaccinated..therefore I would just offer to take them and then explain that you would need to spend at least £45 getting them separate accomadation and vet checks...

Yeah I was thinking of doing that, I've messaged her back asking like a million questions about sex and if neutered/vaccinated etc.

I really hope she's an understanding type of person about the money but I'm not holding out much hope like.. :(

I should really stop looking on gumtree!! :censored:

Yeah I was thinking of doing that, I've messaged her back asking like a million questions about sex and if neutered/vaccinated etc.

I really hope she's an understanding type of person about the money but I'm not holding out much hope like.. :(

I should really stop looking on gumtree!! :censored:

Unfortunately I expect you are right :(

Its worth a try though!
good luck :thumb:

Back